Arsenal Post Match Thread.

I never said you hadnt played football....so not sure why you post that

he is on the turn and is stretching forward and changing direction.......look at sane behind ...he is doing the same as he is changing direction (yu can tell that from his leg postion)...its what happens when you move and turn...you use your arms to help propel yourself forward and his back arm is counter balance...you use your arms to help you turn jump and move forwards in lots of sports.....

its the same when the commentators are going on about elbows and people getting caught by them.....arms have to be used in jumping so are going to be raised....btu there is a difference in throwing your arm into someones face and using your arms to jump.....but you have to use your arms to do so.....no one doesnt use their arms when twisting, turing, jumping etc..go and look it up..ive already show you video evidence...look at teh gh jumpers arms even when he is running towards the bar....when taking his first teps he uses an exagerrated arm moving to help propell himself forward.....there is no way that Monreal reaches forward for that ball with his arm....its all part of a natural movement.....
I never said you hadnt played football....so not sure why you post that

he is on the turn and is stretching forward and changing direction.......look at sane behind ...he is doing the same as he is changing direction (yu can tell that from his leg postion)...its what happens when you move and turn...you use your arms to help propel yourself forward and his back arm is counter balance...you use your arms to help you turn jump and move forwards in lots of sports.....

its the same when the commentators are going on about elbows and people getting caught by them.....arms have to be used in jumping so are going to be raised....btu there is a difference in throwing your arm into someones face and using your arms to jump.....but you have to use your arms to do so.....no one doesnt use their arms when twisting, turing, jumping etc..go and look it up..ive already show you video evidence...look at teh gh jumpers arms even when he is running towards the bar....when taking his first teps he uses an exagerrated arm moving to help propell himself forward.....there is no way that Monreal reaches forward for that ball with his arm....its all part of a natural movement.....

Its handball its not his first movement its his second . he new it was handball that's why he was claiming it wasn't.

i think both teams looked leggy and tired, it felt more like a pre season game to be honest. a point isn't to bad considering our record there.

Did you watch the replay???

You do realise he's not in the air don't you?

Is it impossible to jump for a header with your hands tucked by your sides? They teach all footballers how to do this to avoid giving fouls away, being the expert you seem to want to pretend you are I would have thought you'd know this was possible.

More importantly if you had bothered to watch the replay(it sounds very much like you haven't) his hand goes out infront of him not to the side... do you do a superman pose every time you head a ball simon?
aguero.png

nintchdbpict0003133134191.jpg

You may argue "he's off balance", that's his own doing it's like excusing a player for mistiming a player the way you're going on.
WTF was Navas doing stood with his arms behind his back and turning away in a pathetic defensive attempt in the 1st half?

i think both teams looked leggy and tired, it felt more like a pre season game to be honest. a point isn't to bad considering our record there.

A point isn't bad if Arsenal are at their swashbuckling best. Today they were absolutely there for the taking and a point is an absolutely dire result. We should have hit three or four past them without reply.

Whilst I love Pep, I don't actually think he's done a particularly great job this season, that today was another Pellegrini esq type of performance from us. Where was the pressing? Where was that winning mentality that a manager like Guardiola is supposed to instil? He doesn't make changes that really change games.

Yup, I need to see more than we are getting right now from Pep.

The problem with an ideology is that it refuses to bend for anybody, until such time, it becomes pitied or something comes along to put it back in the corner.

Pep is still a young manager and if he is the thinker he is made out to be, should be embracing all forms, including pragmatism, until such time he knows his personnel can deliver closer to what he demands.

Christ, we had a kid earlier this season who had Marcus Rashford in his pocket and yet we have to resort to Navas at right-back today.

I agree with many posts on here that next season is already being forced into another transitional period.

A point isn't bad if Arsenal are at their swashbuckling best. Today they were absolutely there for the taking and a point is an absolutely dire result. We should have hit three or four past them without reply.

a 1-1 against arsenal isn't a dire result. they are still a good team. we didn't hit four past them did we, but thats football we aren't guaranteed to win.

WTF was Navas doing stood with his arms behind his back and turning away in a pathetic defensive attempt in the 1st half?
I know he should have done his best superman to "propel himself" at great speed towards the ball. I will leave it now anyway but can't believe how he still wont hold his hands up and say he got that wrong.

Last edited:
It's a completely unacceptable performance for me at this stage, in terms of "tactics" and a basic lack of bollocks.

Pep is treading water and it is stinking up the place trying to do so.

We are seemingly going backwards beating the press, a goalkeeper who can't pass for shit, long or short, and a left-back who is personally responsible for at least 12 dropped points this season and yet we continue to persist with him.

A KDB who needs a good slap, right now, with a pass completion which must be close to 20 per cent for the last ten games?

A Yaya back to not giving a fuck because he knows he's offski, and poor Fernandinho running around attempting to put fires out all over the place.

We are putting all our eggs in one basket right now and we are nowhere near good enough to be doing that.

We were ahead TWICE get real.

Yup, I need to see more than we are getting right now from Pep.

The problem with an ideology is that it refuses to bend for anybody, until such time, it becomes pitied or something comes along to put it back in the corner.

Pep is still a young manager and if he is the thinker he is made out to be, should be embracing all forms, including pragmatism, until such time he knows his personnel can deliver closer to what he demands.

Christ, we had a kid earlier this season who had Marcus Rashford in his pocket and yet we have to resort to Navas at right-back today.

I agree with many posts on here that next season is already being forced into another transitional period.

Completely agree, but at the moment we're not even performing to the basic principles of Peps ideology, the passing out from the back is all wrong, as is the movement and pressing. It's not good enough. Pep will of course spend big this season, but he didn't improve the weakest area of the squad last summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.