Arsenal Post Match Thread.

The person I'm most pissed off with is myself, allowing myself to think we would be really up for these two games v Arsenal and Chelsea and the title race might just have been back on again.

How stupid am I.

Team gave up on the title weeks ago.

Transition is the new City buzzword , Pellegrini was a trasition manager- keeping the seat warm for Pep -we afforded the club as fans the benefit of the doubt , we were talking 18 months ago of this amazing opportunity we would have when the current crop of players contracts would be running out and we could have the best transfer window the world has ever seen , we talked about transition then and we are still talking about transition now , the whole club feels like it's fucking sleep walking , so by all accounts our best season will be the 18/19 season- Peps third and final season he's contracted to the club for, yup- it's a transition.
Yep it does my head in. Time to deliver.

O.K so KDB's tackling is shit and his positional play in defence is shit, but what pisses me off most is when he/we lose the ball he just jogs back instead of busting a gut to get goal side as Zabba showed later. Pep got on Sergio's case about his work rate and covering, well he should damn well get on KDB's.

And some on here were giving Aguero grief for not adapting- Kevs miles away from being a Pep player at the minute.

Did you watch the replay???

You do realise he's not in the air don't you?

Is it impossible to jump for a header with your hands tucked by your sides?

More importantly if you had bothered to watch the replay(it sounds very much like you haven't) his hand goes out infront of him not to the side... do you do a superman pose every time you head a ball simon?

of course you can jump with your hands besides your side....hae you ever seen a pro sportsman do it though....no cause its not the best way to do it....all those videos show that hand and arm movement forward and upwards is absolutely natural when tryng to jump/propell yourself forward (we even do it when running)- basic mechanics which is what monreal is trying to do....yes he miss times it...yes it comes off his head and brushes his arm but in no way is it deliberate....if it was given against us i would have been livid....

ps yes i wathced the giff someone put on here numerous times just so you dont think im avoiding anyting you put.....it has not changed my mind

we didnt win.....didnt really deserve to from our poor play (even though arsenal were also poor)....we should have won and would have won if we had played anywhere near our best.

people on here constantly blaming refs is laugable...people are getting their excuses in even before the games with what they are posting.....just in case....its a defense mechanism but i digress

We werent good today...thats all i care about. Our performance was well below par and we can (and will) play better

of course you can jump with your hands besides your side....hae you ever seen a pro sportsman do it though....no cause its not the best way to do it....all those videos show that hand movement forward and upwards is absolutely natural when tryng to jump/propell yourself forward (we even do it when running) which is what monreal is trying to do....yes he miss times it...yes it comes off his head and brushes his arm but in no way is it deliberate....if it was given against us i would have been livid....
You're telling me a premier league defender doesn't try his very best to tuck his arm in(maybe elbows out slightly but that's not what we have here) when challenging for headers in close proximity to other players? You've never seen that? That's interesting.
aguero.png

nintchdbpict0003133134191.jpg

Penalty all day long, he's not even off the ground you don't need to do superman pose to "propel yourself" forward simon, I've played football thankyou. If he is off balance there it's because he's over stretched himself for it, like I said in my edit... do we excuse a mistimed challenge even if it is a genuine mistake... no we don't because it's their mistake none the less, he fucked up and he got away with one now stop talking absolute garbage to save face.

Last edited:
of course you can jump with your hands besides your side....hae you ever seen a pro sportsman do it though....no cause its not the best way to do it....all those videos show that hand and arm movement forward and upwards is absolutely natural when tryng to jump/propell yourself forward (we even do it when running)- basic mechanics which is what monreal is trying to do....yes he miss times it...yes it comes off his head and brushes his arm but in no way is it deliberate....if it was given against us i would have been livid....

ps yes i wathced the giff someone put on here numerous times just so you dont think im avoiding anyting you put.....it has not changed my mind

we didnt win.....didnt really deserve to from our poor play (even though arsenal were also poor)....we should have won and would have won if we had played anywhere near our best.

people on here constantly blaming refs is laugable...people are getting their excuses in even before the games with what they are posting.....just in case....its a defense mechanism but i digress

We werent good today...thats all i care about. Our performance was well below par and we can (and will) play better

It's a completely unacceptable performance for me at this stage, in terms of "tactics" and a basic lack of bollocks.

Pep is treading water and it is stinking up the place trying to do so.

We are seemingly going backwards beating the press, a goalkeeper who can't pass for shit, long or short, and a left-back who is personally responsible for at least 12 dropped points this season and yet we continue to persist with him.

A KDB who needs a good slap, right now, with a pass completion which must be close to 20 per cent for the last ten games?

A Yaya back to not giving a fuck because he knows he's offski, and poor Fernandinho running around attempting to put fires out all over the place.

We are putting all our eggs in one basket right now and we are nowhere near good enough to be doing that.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.