Arsenal - pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone knows that our players have to play their hearts out to beat Arsenal in this crucial game. However, I have lost faith in the present squad to raise their game when it is absolutely vital to do so, or in the current management to inspire them to do anything other than go through the motions.
I will be happy to be proved wrong, though. You never know.

No time for sentiment, Yaya mustn't start. He's been a phenomenal player but we need to prioritize 3 points over giving him a send off.

Hart
Sagna Otamendi Mangala Clichy
Fernando Fernandinho
Navas De Bruyne Nasri
Aguero

Hard call between Nasri and Sterling. Nasri goes missing against Arsenal but Sterling goes missing against anyone.

Don't care how we win just get the 3.
Got to be Sterling, regardless of recent form. Nasri is not fit, spends most of his sulking and never puts in a performance v Arse.

Put all available money on these guaranteed starters - Yaya, Delph, Kolorov, Bony. Then, after 59:59 seconds when we're being thumped 0 - 6, the "engineer" will hook Yaya and bring on Fernando. Then, to ensure a Sunday evening Bluemoon meltdown, after 89:59 seconds the "engineer" will hook Bony and bring on Nachoman. Standard post-match presser until Joe shoots the "engineer" through the head.

Huge game this now, we need a win or the season will be in tatters. Just don't fancy our chances at all though unfortunately. He will either pick a team that will be relatively fucked after last night or a team with shit houses like Bony and Kolarov. Either way, combined with Pellegrini's staggeringly bad record against decent teams and it's not looking good. 10 days to go...

Let's get fully behind the lads this maybe the last chance we have to thank some of the players who have brought us major honours.

Think it will be the same sort of effort and performance as against Madrid but Arse will score at least 3 :(

No way he'll start Bony. I reckon he'll go with Sterling, Navas, KdB and both Fern's in the middle. Aguero on his lonesome up front. We'll be safe with Mangala and Otamendi in the centre and Clichy and Sagna.

That'll get us the points.

Arsenal are 3rd atm - I can see this match going the same way as when we played 1st - Leicester and 2nd - Spurs - both games ended in defeat.
The current squad are not up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.