Arsenal - pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
QUOTE="oasis-city-greek-fan, post: 9415712, member: 61518"]2nd place is still possible right ?
Let s fight till the end !!![/QUOTE]

Technically. Would need Tottenham to lose well today at home to Southampton (who are pushing West Ham now for Europa spot) and away to Newcastle (who will either be down come midweek if Sunderland beat Everton at home and playing their last PL home match or still needing points to stay up)

And also needs us to win well in our two games.

There is a 9 goal difference but that can be made up with two losses for Tottenham and two wins for us - though it needs a few goals somewhere.

We will know by kick off anyway as Tottenham v Southampton is played before us today - if Spurs get a point it would only be possible to get 3rd.

Either would be a massive plus out of this season though.

QUOTE="oasis-city-greek-fan, post: 9415712, member: 61518"]2nd place is still possible right ?
Let s fight till the end !!!

Technically. Would need Tottenham to lose well today at home to Southampton (who are pushing West Ham now for Europa spot) and away to Newcastle (who will either be down come midweek if Sunderland beat Everton at home and playing their last PL home match or still needing points to stay up)

And also needs us to win well in our two games.

There is a 9 goal difference but that can be made up with two losses for Tottenham and two wins for us - though it needs a few goals somewhere.

We will know by kick off anyway as Tottenham v Southampton is played before us today - if Spurs get a point it would only be possible to get 3rd.

Either would be a massive plus out of this season though.[/QUOTE]

How would European spots work if we finished top 4 and United win the FA Cup? Would 7th place then take the 3rd Europa league place?

Can't see us winning this and think if we don't then we will drop out of the top 4.

Massive massive game today - watch our damp squid of a team not give a fuck again.

Sadly the expression is not damp squid.

It is the most commonly misquoted in the English language and actually is damp squib - after a firework like explosive that promises much bang but fizzles out and never quite goes off or does any damage.

All too appropriate.

If we were a damp squid (all squid are that as they live in water) then we would be fluid, fluent, glide past defenders switching play rapidly and getting through any packed back line.

So today we really DO need to be damp squid!

Arsenal have had their troubles this season too. Usually against teams that play direct. If you saw that as a manager, you'd think it's best to go that route. I suspect that pellers will try and play the gunners at their own game with lots of passes around the box until we lose the ball.

If Yaya plays we are screwed

I dunno mate, he's the only player other than Silva who actually creates anything. Where's the assist coming from if Yaya doesn't play? Navas, Sagna, Clichy? (Stiffles laughter). KDB is a great finisher, but hasn't created much. Nasri, great at keeping possession and slowing the play down. Fernandino and Fernando never create anything.

We've been hideously short on goalscoring opportunities lately, haven't we.

Fucking hell, just went to upgrade a 16-17 year old season card to adult, and they're asking £41! Must admit that I was a bit stunned, and needless to say didn't do it.
Bloody hell.

If Yaya and Kolarov make the starting 11 it will confirm my suspicions that MP wants to get his own back vs the club which is getting rid of him.
If they are on the team sheet I won't be watching....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.