Arsenal Supporter's Trust aren't happy!

Prestwich_Blue said:
I assume they'll have as much success writing to UEFA as they did when writing to their own club demanding a freeze on season ticket prices. Which then went up 6.5%.

They could always vent their spleen on the official AFC website forum.....?

M18CTID said:
Seriously, this is embarrassing for a variety of reasons, some of which have already been mentioned. Not least that the AST knows fuck all about the finer points of this deal so are in no position whatsoever to conclude that the figures "don't stack up".

I suggest Mr Payton and his cronies forget worrying about other clubs, look a bit closer to home, and explain to us all how charging something in the region of £1000 for a bog standard Arsenal season ticket represents "fair value". Because I think most people will argue that it fucking well isn't. Financial doping begins at home where Arsenal FC are concerned. Very classy.

-- Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:57 am --

The Pope said:
Just how jealous others are never fails to amaze me.
When Chelsea were blowing everyone away I always just thought that if it were your team how happy you'd be and never thought once about crying about it. If SM had bought the
arse I'd be the same. Its life. I'm sure other teams fans think the same but its just the bitter once that get the press.

Bang on the money mate. I never had a problem with Blackburn, Chelsea, or anyone despite the fact that we didn't have a pot to piss in. Going further back, if Knighton had turned out to be flush with cash I wouldn't have had a problem with United either. City fans have moaned about a lot of things down the years but I honestly don't know one that has ever shown anything like the same kind of bitterness and vitriol that some rival fans have shown towards us on this issue.

just the green eyed monster is all..

Arsenal remind me of a young lad (arrogant knobhead) I worked with in a factory. Always flirting with the girls and had nailed a couple of the tidy ones. Anyway this other lad started work, right handsome bastard but sound and as funny as fuck. The girls friggin drooled over this new lad and knobhead got next to zero attention. Pissed my sides watching it. Pure, pure fucking jealosy.

Arsenal we are here to stay. There's a new sheriff in town that dosen't take prisoners.

poor little arsenal wankers

absolutely crapping themselves

s'funny

supa-dapa-dan said:
LongsightM13 said:
What the fuck did Arsenal do for the wider community when they built the Emirates, apart from trouser the cash from the yuppie flats built on the site of Highbury?
What this tofu-munching Home. Counties Hugo fails to grasp is that this is a deal of the kind never seen before in global sport, so much more than stadium naming rights.
The additional details announced this morning are jaw-dropping in their scale and ambition for a run down part if the city.
Yes, City are getting a lot from this deal. But so are the people of Manchester, particularly our young people.
It will certainly prove depressing reading for the more stupid Rags, dippers, gooners, Spuds fans etc who are still vainly clinging on to their consolation tale that 'when the Sheikh gets bored and moves on to something else, City will go bust'.
They are here to stay for generations and are changing the physical, sporting and economic landscape of Manchester. And, perhaps, Britain.
After reading your posts over the last 2 years i have to say you're offerings are the ones i look forward to the most.Also having spent most of my youth in Longsight it's good to see someone so articulated and eloquent represents Longsight on here.

Agree, LongsightM13 is one of the best posters on here. Longsight, however, is a bit of a shithole.

Joke lads, just a bit of fishing......you do get fish in Longsight don't you?

Rammyblues said:
How can Daniel Taylor justify that figure of £400m? Where does that figure come from?

Thing is according to Fbloke on the Vegas thread, this is nothing compared to what is in the pipeline. So if they moan about this no doubt they will be suicidal when the other news breaks. Arf and Arf again, oh and I agree we will have got the green light from uefa before announcing this, all those meetings we had with them.

balls to reading the 8.7million pages on there could you fill me in please?

Sorry if already posted, but now it looks like Almunia and Bendtner are leaving.

That is some rebuilding squad to do in a month if Nasri leaves too!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14094433.stm

Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner and goalkeeper Manuel Almunia are in talks with other clubs over moves away from the Emirates.

The pair were omitted from the 23-man squad that will travel to Asia on Sunday for a pre-season tour.

An Arsenal spokesman confirmed this was so the pair could undertake negotiations over potential transfers.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is expected to clarify details over the impending moves at a press conference on Monday.

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas, who has been strongly linked with a move to former club Barcelona this summer, will also miss the tour of Asia in order to receive treatment on a muscle injury.

The other notable absentee is defender Emmanuel Eboue, who is nursing a calf strain.

However, midfielder Samir Nasri - reportedly the target of interest from Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea - will travel with the squad.

Arsenal first head to Malaysia on Sunday to face an All-Star XI before heading west to face Hangzhou Greentown in China.

Should Bendtner, 23, and Almunia, 34, complete transfers to other clubs that will make three notable departures from Arsenal this summer following Gael Clichy's £6m move to Manchester City.

Spaniard Almunia, who moved to the Emirates from Celta Vigo in 2004, began last season as Arsenal's first-choice keeper but spent much of the campaign sidelined through a combination of injury and Wenger's preference for Wojciech Szczesny as his number one.

Danish international Bendtner joined the Arsenal academy in 2005 and spent the 2006/07 season on loan at Birmingham.

Last season he made 32 appearances for the club (18 of them as a substitute) and scored eight goals, including a hat-trick against Leyton Orient in an FA Cup fifth-round replay.

I'm sure these are the same cockney twats who laughed off that Henry-Pires penalty piss-take against us not long ago.

Well here it is, motherfuckers.

Tim Payton probably thinks that being the spokesman for the AST makes him an important person, whose views should be listened to....I've news for him, he isn't important, and nobody cares what he has to say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.