Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

welsh_andy

isit me or are they been fucking lucky this season, when they get injuries they play weaker teams, now southampton tonight are in alsorts of bother putting a decent team out. everything seems to be falling into place for the twats, or i must be paranoid,lol

welsh_andy said:
isit me or are they been fucking lucky this season, when they get injuries they play weaker teams, now southampton tonight are in alsorts of bother putting a decent team out. everything seems to be falling into place for the twats, or i must be paranoid,lol

Every time this thought ocurs to me, which it frequently does, I remember that we played Aston Villa without Benteke and Agbonlahor. And still lost. So bollocks, let's just take care of our business.

Re: £93 for Liverpool fans at Arsenal

Shirley said:
lancs blue said:
M18CTID said:
Liverpool ought to just take the lesser allocation of £62 tickets and politely decline the £93 ones. I know that's going to deny some of their fans the chance to get to this game because they've a big enough support base to sell 9000 tickets under normal circumstances but I doubt many of them would be willing to pay £93 a pop.

This is an FA Cup tie, both clubs have to agree on ticket prices, so what are LFC doing about it?

Reported now to be Cat B with tickets at £54 max.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10601130/Liverpool-win-battle-for-cheaper-tickets-as-Arsenal-set-to-make-FA-Cup-tie-a-Category-B-fixture.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... xture.html</a>
Liverpool directors will be gutted considering they get a share of the gate 'n all.

welsh_andy said:
points dropped. at last.
we just need to turn over spurs...

It's Sergio time..
Be fantastic if Edin was to repeat his performance of 2011 at WHL but I cannot see it and he hugely frustrated on Saturday but I realise that's because what was at stake. Shame Samir wont be playing.

StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
It's Sergio time..
Be fantastic if Edin was to repeat his performance of 2011 at WHL but I cannot see it and he hugely frustrated on Saturday but I realise that's because what was at stake. Shame Samir wont be playing.
i reckon its gonna be a good one, do not miss

(your comment seems to trail off at the end, lol)

welsh_andy said:

Well Ox Chamberlain and Podloski missed the first half of the season, Walcott missed a chunk and is now out for the season, Ramsey will be out for 10 weeks at least, and now we have Flamini missing for the Liverpool & Utd games, so we can knock that idea in the head. The squad was also struck down with flu before the Utd game.

Funny though, i was thinking that Chelsea seemed to have been carrying some luck with that. They played Liverpool (as well as yourselves) when Sturridge was out. To add to that, Chelsea played Utd when they had a front 3 of Januzaj, Welbeck and Hernandez, and by the time City and Arsenal play them it will be a front 3 of Mata, Rooney, Van Persie.

Dave S said:
Jimfv1 said:
I know the prices have now been reduced to cat B prices, but it's a bit rich to ask fans to pay this much money for a game when the manager has just signed an £8 million a year wage deal !

Now the Arsenal fans probably realise why they struggle to pay for the top players, the management skim off half the profits before the club think about signing players.

How can Arsene be paid more than twice what Pellegrini earns ?
good post. Agree entirely. They've won nothing for years but Wengers still been stashing his huge wages away.

wages are not set by how many trophies you've won.

the reason wenger earns more is partly because he's earnt it through loyalty and partly because hes a better manager then Pellegrini and can command a higher salary around any of europes top clubs.

whatever you think of wenger, he is still one of the best coaches in the world. there is a clear reason why all the top clubs in europe have tried for his signature down the trophyless years.

alardyce earns around 4m ffs and hes not even half the manager wenger is.<br /><br />-- Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:52 am --<br /><br />
Wreckless Alec said:
welsh_andy said:

Every time this thought ocurs to me, which it frequently does, I remember that we played Aston Villa without Benteke and Agbonlahor. And still lost. So bollocks, let's just take care of our business.

it is just you, every club has the same luck with stuff like that.

as someone else mentioned, by the time us and city play utd they will have a forward line of rvp rooney mata januzzi. compared to what chelsea had to deal with when they played them last week.

many teams have played you without augero and silva, 2 of your best players. but when we played you both were fit and available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.