Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
GHoddle said:
Yep they fit their nationalities pretty well actually. Silva I think is quite a lot better on the edge of the penalty area breaking teams down, while like you said Ozil is probably better at initiating counter attacks. I don't think Arsenal's style of play really suits Ozil as much as United's or Chelsea's would though. Ironically I think Mata would be better at Arsenal and Ozil better at United but can't see that happening.
Except Moyes would stick him on the wing of a 442 and expect him to cross! You're right though, they have each other's playmaker.

supercrystal7 said:
When comparing players of a certain standard everyone has their own opinion, but I will give my case for why Ozil is the better player for me.

I have already given reasons for why Ozil is not at his best this season.

I think the argument about, who has won more trophies is a very weak one, because we all know that the number of trophies a player wins does not correlate with his skill. Players like Brown have very impressive medal hauls. Silva whilst a regular for Spain is not one of their key players. Ozil outperformed him at the world cup and was instrumental in many victories such as the Argentina 4-0 or the England 4-1.

Silva has had a great season this year and was brilliant in the year City won the league, but remember his form last season or in his first year. Ozil despite the things against him has still been better than Silva was last year and in his first season. Ozil also is playing for a much weaker team than City. Remember all the times that City failed to unlock defenses.

Ozil has also played a vital role in winning more big games than Silva despite being younger.

you seem to be confusing the media not appreciating silva in his first year with his actual performances

city fans knew what we had with silva aeons before the media and less knowledgable fans did

ozil's form seems to be linked to giroud's and he would benefit from better forwards but i'd take silva every time

It's a shame Ozil hasn't hit the ground running. Would have been an absolute joy to watch. Both him and Silva are world class playmakers, i would take Silva over him though, purely because he wears blue. Not much in it for me anyway, i think they're both of virtually the same ability.

Wonder what you guys think about tomorrow. Do you see Wenger rotating before the CL match with us?

Rotweiss said:
Wonder what you guys think about tomorrow. Do you see Wenger rotating before the CL match with us?

Arsenal will definitely rest players.

I'm guessing Szczesny, Arteta, Koscielny Cazorla, Giroud and Ozil won't start tomorrow to keep them fresh for Wednesday.

Tomorrow's team I'm guessing will be:

Fabianski
Sagna, Per, Vermaelen,Gibbs
Flamini, Wilshere
Rosicky, Bendtner,Oxlade Chamberlain

City Raider said:
supercrystal7 said:
When comparing players of a certain standard everyone has their own opinion, but I will give my case for why Ozil is the better player for me.

I have already given reasons for why Ozil is not at his best this season.

I think the argument about, who has won more trophies is a very weak one, because we all know that the number of trophies a player wins does not correlate with his skill. Players like Brown have very impressive medal hauls. Silva whilst a regular for Spain is not one of their key players. Ozil outperformed him at the world cup and was instrumental in many victories such as the Argentina 4-0 or the England 4-1.

Silva has had a great season this year and was brilliant in the year City won the league, but remember his form last season or in his first year. Ozil despite the things against him has still been better than Silva was last year and in his first season. Ozil also is playing for a much weaker team than City. Remember all the times that City failed to unlock defenses.

Ozil has also played a vital role in winning more big games than Silva despite being younger.

you seem to be confusing the media not appreciating silva in his first year with his actual performances

city fans knew what we had with silva aeons before the media and less knowledgable fans did

ozil's form seems to be linked to giroud's and he would benefit from better forwards but i'd take silva every time
Nope I think there has been a bit of revisionist history by some. Ozil has had a much bigger impact and performed better than Ozil did in his first year. He wasn't poor, but he did not take a squad that just came fourth into title challengers. The Arsenal team is not that great and behind the United squad in terms of quality.

Arsenal should go all out for the game tomorrow. For me it's more important than the Munich game. It's likely they lose to Munich, but they have a realistic chance of winning the FA cup. Winning the cup and breaking the 8 year barren run is better for the team than even making the CL final.

Ozil is overrated extremely, he barely ever managed to finish a game in madrid and its not hard to rack up stats when your feeding a goal machine and playing in a two horsed league

Ozil is the very definition of a luxury player.

Great when you're 3 up v crystal palace at home but goes missing in the 'tough' games and sulks like a twat when the opposition don't just roll over and part their cheeks.

Arsenals version of robinho.

At 42m the biggest mugging in recent history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.