Arsenal thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much would this guy cost? If its over £30M, I doubt we'd be in for him.

We'll probably keep trying for Partey, perhaps a couple of deals like Willian on a free & Coutinho on loan. We'll be after a defender as well but doubt 1 that would cost over £30M. So yeah, absolutely no-one that you would be interested in.
Interesting. How much did Pepe cost? I think it's more than City have ever paid for a player.

Interesting. How much did Pepe cost? I think it's more than City have ever paid for a player.

Im more thinking about our transfer business / budget for this window.

If we are to try and sign Partey, then we would have to pay the full release clause up front apparently, & that likely will take most of our budget. I think it's part of the reason we are in for Willian & will likely try for Coutinho on loan.

Think to buy anyone else we'd need to rely on sales, so you're talking about what we can get in for the likes of Guendouzi, Sokratis, perhaps Holding etc, that's why I doubt we would spend much over £30M for a defender.

Im more thinking about our transfer business / budget for this window.

If we are to try and sign Partey, then we would have to pay the full release clause up front apparently, & that likely will take most of our budget. I think it's part of the reason we are in for Willian & will likely try for Coutinho on loan.

Think to buy anyone else we'd need to rely on sales, so you're talking about what we can get in for the likes of Guendouzi, Sokratis, perhaps Holding etc, that's why I doubt we would spend much over £30M for a defender.

I've a sneaky suspicion you'll get Stones on loan with an option to buy for next season. Would help him and your club rebuild their on the field reputation.

I've a sneaky suspicion you'll get Stones on loan with an option to buy for next season. Would help him and your club rebuild their on the field reputation.

I was asking in the Stones transfer thread if he has ever played left sided centre back, as we could do with 1 of those to play alongside Saliba.

But city inflate the market dont you know

It was an inflated price as Lille let us pay in installments over 5 years. Think we have spent over £40M 3 times. Think you guys might have done that a bit more.

Last edited:
I was asking in the Stones transfer thread if he has ever played left sided centre back, as we could do with 1 of those to play alongside Saliba.
‘Lille let us pay in instalments ???’
if u buy a 12 inch pizza it’s a 12 inch pizza!
It doesn’t matter if u cut in into 4 pieces or 8!
its still a 12inch pizza!

It was an inflated price as Lille let us pay in installments over 5 years. Think we have spent over £40M 3 times. How many times have you guys?

It was an inflated price as Lille let us pay in installments over 5 years. Think we have spent over £40M 3 times. Think you guys might have done that a bit more.
So apart from the odd luxury you been in the bargain bucket all through history

So apart from the odd luxury you been in the bargain bucket all through history

Haha, not at all. I was just answering a point that implied because we spent £72M on Pepe last year we would could spend over £30M on a centre back this summer.

I was just trying to give reasons why I don't think that would happen this summer. We'd need to manage to shift guys like Mustafi, Holding, Guendouzi, Sokratis, Ozil etc. And history has shown he have struggled to do that. If we do, and still manage to get someone like Partey then great.

Arsenal cutting everything for the non playing staff from free seasons tickets to bonuses if the team won a trophy and league position. The Head of Football has gone, duties are being absorbed into managing director’s role, also departed are head of recruitment Francis Cagigao, UK head of recruitment Pete Clark and former Reading and Leeds manager Brian McDermott, another key member of the scouting department. Must be I serious financial shit, shame for them they don’t have a billionaire owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.