Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Bournemouth hadn't have got a little bit cocky and come out of their defensive 11 formation after going 2-0 up, it'd still be 2-0, no matter how long the dick'ed ref added on.

Arsenal didn't have a clue how to get behind a solid packed defence that sucker-punched them on the break, TWICE.

To be fair to Arsenal, they rode the wave of euphoria after they got their first, but fuck me, they're a bunch of screaming fannies at times.
Fall over, scream at ref for a free-kick! No "3rd man bookings" though. Weird, eh? ;)
Crowd going berserk whenever Bournemouth took about 5 seconds to take a throw/goal-kick etc.
No wonder Eddie got booked for "timewasting" with that lot screaming like girls, but I suppose that's what you get when captain scarlet's bouncing around like a chimp on acid down the touchline.
Giddy fuckers were screaming for penalties every five seconds from what I saw too, even Zinny got in on the act as a ball pinged of a Bournemouth leg and went out for a corner.

I'm not saying that they've been favoured by the refs all season, as that'd be wrong, but they certainly haven't had to deal with the bullshit we've had to put up with off them.

Hope more teams park the bus against them and hold their nerve when it's working, unlike Bournemouth, hey, maybe knob'ed neville will do a "this is how to nulify/beat Arsenal" mini-documentary on Sky this week, but I won't be holding my breath.

Decent attacking team, mentally unhinged though. Can't wait for Arteta's "I'd love it" moment as it seems that it's only weeks away, IMO.

Them getting giddy as fcuk is no surprise really! They haven’t won the league for 19 years and they that close they can smell it! So don’t bother me there reaction to winning a game.

Every teams supporters of their respective clubs believes this though. All supporters focus on the decisions that didn't go their way while believing the decisions that went their way were just. It's inherit supporter bias.
Was Rushforward's "goal" just supporter bias?
Was the penalty you got against us just supporter bias?
Was Foden's goal ruled out for a "slight tug" in the build up during a "I'm going to let you lads kick fuck out of each other" match just supporter bias?
Was Dias's booking for being the "3rd man going to the ref" just supporter bias?
Was Ederson getting booked in the 37th minute for time wasting just supporter bias?
etc...etc...etc

Stick to what you know, matey ;)

Oh, and please don't come back with, VAR disallowed goals for offside 'cause we've had shit-loads of them too, and VAR allowed goals for the opposition too.

Last edited:
Was only following it on the betting app on my phone in the pub after our match so can’t comment on whether the extra time on top of the 6 minutes was justified but if it’s as you say then fair enough.

And that actually brings to mind our game away to Bournemouth early in our 2017/18 title winning season. We were going into added on time level at 1-1. I can’t remember how much time was officially added on but Sterling scored a deflected winner after that official stoppage time was up. I remember going on Red Cafe some time later and United fans were screaming that it was a conspiracy but anyone who watched the match would’ve seen that there was a lengthy break in play in the early throes of stoppage time as Guardiola and Howe were having a bit of a spat on the touchline and the ref was trying to sort that out. As such, there was nothing controversial about Sterling’s late winner.

Whoever we support, I think we all sometimes need to realise that when the board goes up to indicate the amount of added on time, this is always only a “minimum” so it could go over for varying reasons.
No lengthy break today mate, a player went down for about 20 seconds during the time added on. I was moaning at 96mins and 45 seconds for the ref to blow his whistle. Arsenal scored from a corner on about 96mins and 56seconds.

Lewis Cook shouldn’t have gone down. Never know why (unless there is genuine injury) players do that as it means you have no end goal to work towards and are at the complete mercy of the referee in terms of how much additional time to the injury time he’s going to add.
Played 8 fucking minutes mate was easy for the bent cunts to add EVEN more time once Arsenal scored get with it man ffs

the truth is teams build a foundation and City and Liverpool over the last 5 seasons have been the teams to beat
You get the Season like we are having and one team like Arsenal shocks and lead the league, Even Liverpool is not that far off top 4 place with 2 games in hand over Spurs so I sort do think Liverpool will get a top 4th place

I get that Ancoats, not arguing with that perspective mate, just saying that things are what they is and the Arse are where they are today regardless of what happened historically and with no influence ebbing back from future years.

Every now and then a team pops up, has an out of context great season and wins the big prize. . (Obviously not hoping that the Arse do so this season) every now and then an ‘history’ club slips on the soap and falls over in the shower, breaking it’s hip while wanking over it’s past conquests and never walks the same again . . whether alone or otherwise (Obviously hoping that the dippers do the slipping).

There defence is becoming a bit of a liability. I feel dropped points coming in one of their next 2 games. if fulham go up they wont do what Bournemouth did, them and or palace will sit in a defend deep which will frustrate arsenal

Until they score ???

one of the Bournemouth players went down right at the start of injury time so no completes about the injury time added, but I will say the officials match referee and VAR was working overtime because Arsenal was wanting everything, it was like every time the ball went in the box it was a shout of a pen,

when Bournemouth scored their 2nd goal you knew it was coming and they just stopped playing and shit the bed,
they are bottom of the league for a reason and just don't know how to defend a score, when it gets ugly and hard to get out you don't just stop what you were doing to go 2 up in the first place,

Bournemouth did not have an out ball after the 2nd goal they scored, it was everybody back behind the ball and just kicking it back to Arsenal, it was coming from that moment on,

The funny thing was everybody at manchester city gave Arsenal the points anyway before the kickoff, the game was marked down as 3 points by everybody at City, So for them to make hard work of it sort of gives City hope we can chase them down,

if they are feeling it now with 12 games to play then when it gets to 5 games and if City beat them at the Etihad you fancy Manchester City to show how true Champions get the job done,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.