Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Arsenal fan is right. The way the league is decided is a farce. I've had a think about it and believe I've come up with a fairer way

1: Each team plays every other team home and away.
2: Points are awarded based on the result of the game. 3 points to the winning team. 1 point each in the event of a draw. 0 points to the losing team.
3: we keep a running total of all the points gained throughout the season.
4: the team that has gained the most number of points at the end of the season when every team has played every other team twice is crowned the league champions

Hope it catches on and we can finally get rid of the ridiculous system we have that currently means only City can win the league
We could play the game but then be able to change the result by way of an online public vote. If that becomes too predictable we could restrict it to rotating countries. So if City beat Arsenal 4-1, the public vote from China could change it to City 6 Arsenal 23?

We could play the game but then be able to change the result by way of an online public vote. If that becomes too predictable we could restrict it to rotating countries. So if City beat Arsenal 4-1, the public vote from China could change it to City 6 Arsenal 23?
Sounds like the Eurovision Song Contest (apart from the China bit!).

That Arsenal fan is right. The way the league is decided is a farce. I've had a think about it and believe I've come up with a fairer way

2: Points are awarded based on the result of the game. 3 points to the winning team. 1 point each in the event of a draw. 0 points to the losing team.
4: the team that has gained the most number of points at the end of the season when every team has played every other team twice is crowned the league champions

Hope it catches on and we can finally get rid of the ridiculous system we have that currently means only City can win the league
Far out dude.............

One major modification to your new system above: I think we should award the league title to the team that has the highest average points per game once all teams have played each other home and away.

That would make it a far fairer contest then is currently the case, as the Arsenal fan pointed out.

1541f034-0722-404d-b819-2feb38a86c70-png.77226
Jokes aside, that account has to be a parody, right?

Not even an Arsenal fan can be that unwittingly stupid and wrong, surely?

Edit: Yeah, he’s obviously taking the piss.

Last edited:

Delicious

Well, well said the Rocking Chair
It's been a while since I've seen such stark despair
Who told you life was fair?

* With special thanks to the guy who posted a Dean Friedman video earlier, giving me the possibility to re-open up some late teen memories after more than 40 years. Can't remember who you were, but thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.