Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Tarquins were getting giddy and really wanted to beat our 100 point haul, well it's not happening. They have to win 17 of their last 18 games, no chance.

I think the Tarquins were getting giddy and really wanted to beat our 100 point haul, well it's not happening. They have to win 17 of their last 18 games, no chance.
I look forward to this day each season…..i always have a cheeky pint acknowledging “centurion’s day” and that nobody else has done it! 100 point’s - you’ll never sing that!

We have fans who concede the title when we drop the first points of the season
1 - 0 down at half time and there are 2 posts in the title race thread conceding the title.
Seems I gave our own fans too much credit.

Calling all big mouth Arsenal fans to the thread!

Hello! Is there any gooners in here?

Thought NOT! full of hot air fam! storm out once adversity pokes its head up. Quick write another letter.

At most I think we were in a race where we could dream but favoured City up until we beat United at home and Spurs away. I did think it was lost after yesterday. But today we can dream again.

It's hard to know if Everton were that good yesterday and defensively and in terms of pressing they were the best team we've played all season. Or if we are falling apart. Who knows we could lose our next 3 games. But against Everton we had no space and those 3 midfielders over ran us pretty easily

Most of us were calculating and hoping that 90 points probably wins it for us this season. We got 50 points in half a season but replicating that seems quite unlikely.

Ofcourse a 100 point season is incredible, I can't knock that and wouldn't want to. But just winning the thing after 19 years would be a God send in itself and caring about any other record is redundant in comparison.

Most of us were calculating and hoping that 90 points probably wins it for us this season. We got 50 points in half a season but replicating that seems quite unlikely.

Ofcourse a 100 point season is incredible, I can't knock that and wouldn't want to. But just winning the thing after 19 years would be a God send in itself and caring about any other record is redundant in comparison.

I'm pretty sure you won't get 100 points. And that's all we can hope for really. But yeah, you would need to do a major bottle job to not win the title from here. It would be embarrassing really. So no pressure. :)

I'm pretty sure you won't get 100 points. And that's all we can hope for really. But yeah, you would need to do a major bottle job to not win the title from here. It would be embarrassing really. So no pressure. :)

We 100% won't get 100 points and I'd snap 90 points out of anyones hand offering it right now. This is the PL and Everton's midfield and pressing absolutely broke us yesterday so anything is possible. We had a huge bottlejob less than 12 months ago too. I believe City has way more quality than Arsenal in their starters and back ups. We're really relying on outrunning the opposition.

Although I will add that I don't know how Everton were in the relegation places when their team can press us off the park like they did to us yesterday. I suppose it probably shows Dyche must be that much better than Lampard

The title race is very much an untold story with us having to goto City, Newcastle, Liverpool and play you at home too. Plus our form usually drops drastically when Partey is out.

We 100% won't get 100 points and I'd snap 90 points out of anyones hand offering it right now. This is the PL and Everton's midfield and pressing absolutely broke us yesterday so anything is possible. We had a huge bottlejob less than 12 months ago too. I believe City has way more quality than Arsenal in their starters and back ups. We're really relying on outrunning the opposition.

Although I will add that I don't know how Everton were in the relegation places when their team can press us off the park like they did to us yesterday. I suppose it probably shows Dyche must be that much better than Lampard

The title race is very much an untold story with us having to goto City, Newcastle, Liverpool and play you at home too. Plus our form usually drops drastically when Partey is out.

Maybe, but this team isn't the team of the past seasons. Many of those quality players are on a downward slope. Similar to Liverpool but on a much smaller scale. We also don't have big squad, contrary to the popular belief.

Unless that Everton performance becomes the norm for you, the title race is done.

Football moves quickly. Just look at Liverpool. When you say City have way more quality in their starters and backs ups, is that for every position? Given the respective performances of the clubs in the past seasons it would be easy to make this comment. But its not a hard truth. There are weaknesses at City. They dont trust Kalvin Phillips, infact they would trust him less than we would with Jorginho filling Partey. I dont think City are as good as us at fullback with our options being White/Tomiyasu Zinchenko/Tierney, especially now Cancelo has gone. I dont think Grealish would get in our team, infact I know he wouldnt.

This 'City are better than Arsenal in every facet of the pitch in starting 11 and depth' is just not true. I dont think Pep believes it too, because if it were, then Arteta would be mugging him off with a sensationally inferior group of playing personnel.

The quality gap is not as big as many would believe. I think on a scale, City have the best squad, but were not talking by a million miles. The way the pundits go on you would think this is Pep's Barcelona team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.