Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zinchenko plays the inverted full back role that Arteta wants from his full back. Tierney just can't play that role anywhere near as good.

You just need to accept if your playing that system your left back won't be a great defender and will get done 1 on 1 on occasion.

I agree. Probably done us more harm than Liverpool to be honest. Hopefully with less traumatic experiences that will not be needed lol.
Fair enough but I see a fully fit Tierney one of the best left backs in the league.

It's funny, as elsewhere on T'intenet people are saying Lego Pep learned some of the dark arts well from his master, such as the tactical fouling. Each fanbase sees what they want to see I suppose.

I agree yesterday it looked like we took it to new levels, and it wasn't great to see. I think it's the PTSD from many Anfield hidings. We suffer the same PTSD at The Etihad.

Can safely say we never have players feign an injury to effectively call a timeout so we can regroup. Never seen anything like it and you need to be called out on it.

Laughed my head off at this one as it was exactly the time Liverpool were really turning the screw and a few lads in the pub said, it’s a matter of minutes before one of your lot hit the deck… low and behold, Gabriel getting his skull caved in heading a ball clear only to miraculously regenerate and finish the game.

Feigning a head injury is really low as everyone knows the protocols around it will cause a significant stoppage. I think the player who is on the receiving end of it should be taken out the game for ten minutes to be assessed. We’d then see how many players do it.

EFF6452C-19F9-49DF-82B7-7B56BA3E50ED.jpeg

Can safely say we never have players feign an injury to effectively call a timeout so we can regroup. Never seen anything like it and you need to be called out on it.

Laughed my head off at this one as it was exactly the time Liverpool were really turning the screw and a few lads in the pub said, it’s a matter of minutes before one of your lot hit the deck… low and behold, Gabriel getting his skull caved in heading a ball clear only to miraculously regenerate and finish the game.

Feigning a head injury is really low as everyone knows the protocols around it will cause a significant stoppage. I think the player who is on the receiving end of it should be taken out the game for ten minutes to be assessed. We’d then see how many players do it.

View attachment 74675

Hard to argue with it. I've seen plenty of players use a 'head knock' to their advantage to get play stopped, especially in dangerous situations. Perhaps you are right, a period off the pitch for assessment might put a stop to it, could also punish teams who's players have had a genuine knock, but I suppose players welfare should be most important, especially with all the links to early on set of Dementia in footballers.

Feigning head injuries sets a dangerous precedent. Anyone with a head injury should be substituted immediately and a concussion sub used. Once teams start using up all their subs or losing key players then, miraculously, it will stop.
Stupid rule, just get them off the pitch at the closest line. It would soon stop.

That's not what they said. They said that the mentality is bizarre. Which it is. You were 2-0 up and cruising against a piss poor Liverpool team who looked half-arsed for about 40 minutes. That game should have ended up 3, 4 or 5 nil, you were that dominant. But Xhaka did what Xhaka does and you lost the upper hand and weren't good enough or composed enough to even look like winning it back. If City had done that I'd be gutted and wouldn't be able to see it any other way than 2 points dropped. And I think the vast majority of City fans would see it the same way.
Spot on. But before the game i'd say a lot of Arsenal fans would have taken a point there. We lost there again this season! The manner in which it happened though must be gutting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.