Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

Arsenal fans are grizzling about refereeing inconsistencies, but the two sending offs are down to the fact that the management are clearly coaching them to waste time and disrupt play wherever possible. Can hardly complain when the referee flashes the red card to players who know they’re on a booking.
Those tactics clearly are coached,, and I wonder what psychological impact it has on the team when as a manager you essentially tell them you are not good enough to win unless you do this?

I thought they were pretty unimpressive. We tore them apart for the first 20 minutes until Oliver got involved. They improved slightly after that but not much and only looked a threat from set pieces - and only scored then by fouling Ederson.
Defended well enough second half, but not difficult when you‘ve got all 10 men camped within 25 yards of your own goal and aren‘t even thinking of attacking. Lost count of the number of times they just aimlessly kicked a ball forward for us to recycle.
Good point in the scheme of things for them - but nothing particularly praiseworthy about the performance.

They did absolutely fucking nothing for 96 minutes.

They are not good enough to win the league and they haven't been before. Liverpool play attacking football but fall over for various reasons like last season, but remain our main challengers in my humble opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.