Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

Just been informed by SKY that Ricicle didn't play at the week-end which is why he's in the team tonight..............
To be fair I didn't realise he was playing either until the second half when he got booked for time wasting in one of the rare occasions they ventured into our half.

Agree with each of your points and along with my family/friends group, last night prior to playing Watford we discussed all that you describe in some detail over a scoop or two!

If I might add a further point. I said to our group that, having reflected on Sunday's events for a couple of days, what I find MOST galling is the fact that the media has never shown any interest in reporting, let alone analysing, what Arsenal under Arteta has been up to these past few years.

Arsenal has taken time wasting, feigning injuries and similar other cheating to a whole new level (far beyond what I remember the likes of Leeds got up to in the 60s and 70s)

Sunday night's MOTD2 was a case in point. Yes, they discussed all the contentious issues that arose during the game (and unusually, came down on our side with the verdicts) But once again there was no mention of Raya's time wasting at goalkicks (more than 9 minutes of game time lost) nor any analysis/comment on the formation 'pretend collapsing' of players feigning injury.

And certainly no link was made between Arsenal's behaviour and the good money laid down by us punters at the game. With many tickets at £60+ a pop, us supporters don't want to be spending our afternoons watching trainers running on the pitch every five minutes to minister to some cheating herbert who collapses on the floor after a City player wafts by like a gentle zephyr..

Cheating bunch of Tarqunts.. I really do hope that they get everything they deserve this season.. naff all..
Notice you used the term " cheating herbert " to describe their players
Makes you wonder what the late great Herbert Chapman would think if he was watching this current disgrace of a team. I reckon he'd be embarrassed and disown them.

Did they really start Saka & Rice? Bring on Gabriel & Havertz? They’ll be burnt out soon. Saka will soon be fully burnt out. Wonder if City fans will laugh at Saka’s inevitable injury. I hope not.

It's a spicy soundbite, but it doesn't hold up to the eye test. You don't need to know about anything happening behind the scenes, you just need to watch the games of each club.
Yes he was Pep's assistant for 4 years but he's also been gone nearly 5 years during which time a significant number of players have come and gone.
He's also spent hundreds of millions of pounds since winning the FA Cup with players he didn't sign to win the square route of fuck all.

I see their chief executive stormed out after John Stones equaliser and didn't shake any of our executives hands. Classless shitehouse club from top to bottom.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.