Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

Saliba would have caught him TBF but regardless the rules are if a player is clear on goal and brought down it's a red, end of. So the decision was correct even if it had been Usain Bolt that had brought him down.
Not sure how you can be so certain Saliba would’ve caught him he was the wrong side
However I agree there was a lot of pitch between there and the goal
Martinelli had a massive chance he should’ve taken you don’t seem to be getting the luck you’ve had the past few seasons at the moment and the lack of injuries you’ve had previously
Liverpool almost becomes a must win next week now still along way to go
I would sooner you win it if we don’t over Liverpool

Firstly we won the Cup Winners Cup and secondly there's a strong argument to be said that the Arsenal side that remained unbeaten and had players like Henry, Bergkamp, Pires, Cole, Campbell etc in it was a superior team to the current City team.

But we'll never find out. But for sure neither City nor Arsenal will have a side that's better than the peak Pep Barcelona side with Messi, Xavi and Iniesta etc.
Do you go on an arsenal forum or just on here .
If the arsenal team with Bergkamp etc was better than this city team why didn't they win the treble.
Or 4 in a row

The guy is a buffoon who just wants clicks so slates Arteta, the players and the club to get them. He would hate for the Tarquins to have success like City's as he would not have an audience for his negativity.
Every single one of them on YouTube is after clicks. He's just found a different slant to the others.

Saliba is lightning quick but regardless he pulled him back because his brain wasn't engaged. It was a stupid thing to do after an equally stupid pass from Trossard.

The whole team must have been smoking crack before kick off. Even 11 v 11 we didn't look the better side.
We'll have to agree to differ, and I'm not going to argue all day about it. You think you're right, I know I am.

Not sure how you can be so certain Saliba would’ve caught him he was the wrong side
However I agree there was a lot of pitch between there and the goal
Martinelli had a massive chance he should’ve taken you don’t seem to be getting the luck you’ve had the past few seasons at the moment and the lack of injuries you’ve had previously
Liverpool almost becomes a must win next week now still along way to go
I would sooner you win it if we don’t over Liverpool
It's early in the season, I'm pretty sure we'll beat Liverpool as we've turned up for the big games, issue is after the next set of fixtures City could be top despite having had injuries and not at their 'final form' yet so if Arsenal don't go on a long winning run they are toast.

We haven't looked fluid all season and haven't had a great attacking threat aside from set pieces. So a lot to do and the decision not to buy another attacker is a puzzling one.

I think Pep does see behind the mask and over the years, the trust that was built between them has eroded, as shown during and after our previous game.

As for his tactics of breaking the play, there is also the downside of not trusting and empowering his players to play out a game, using unorthodox tactics to gain an advantage. Is this detrimental to team cohesion and unity, leading to indiscipline and a lack of selfless commitment?

You may be right in your thoughts.

It is an unedifying sight however having to watch them constantly employing such tactics in Arteta's and their desperation to achieve success.

Anyway I doubt that things will change because it appears to be entrenched now in the club ethos.

Use whatever to get where you feel that you deserve to be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.