Arsenal v City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kiam06 said:
Can't see us getting anything today with such a weak static midfield, I almost get the impression the club have written this season off in preparation for some big changes in the summer.

Arsenal aren't great though so it may be a stalemate.

Common sense spoken.

kiam06 said:
Can't see us getting anything today with such a weak static midfield, I almost get the impression the club have written this season off in preparation for some big changes in the summer.

Arsenal aren't great though so it may be a stalemate.

I thought you had flounced off the forum the other day?

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
deano ou812 said:
mcfc2607 said:
I hate this fixture along with Liverpool away
Agree the only two fixtures were our record at their grounds is woeful...

Think you need to add Everton, Stoke and Chelsea to that list.
Yeh to an extent,we have turned the corner over the last few seasons against chelsea,everton has it only been under mancini,before that did we not do to bad at goodison,stoke yeh your right draw or lose...

If United win the league (God Forbid!)
And we get second place the difference would be Van persie!

He could have been the player to take us further in champs league and we would have easily won the league with this guy spearheading our attack.

deano ou812 said:
deano ou812 said:
Agree the only two fixtures were our record at their grounds is woeful...

Yeh to an extent,we have turned the corner over the last few seasons against chelsea,everton has it only been under mancini,before that did we not do to bad at goodison,stoke yeh your right draw or lose...

I can only remember the 4-1 at Chelsea with Mancini and the 3-1 at Everton under Hughes. Other than that I can't remember any other City wins since we came back up in 2002. Maybe I am wrong and someone will correct me..I cant remember beating Stoke away since the 1998 game. Maybe my memory is going

brotherblue said:

He could have been the player to take us further in champs league and we would have easily won the league with this guy spearheading our attack.

But we didnt get him and they did. Sometimes you win and sometimes you dont.

After the goals we scored last season, a happy Tevez and Balotelli back from the Euros with his reputation soaring, you can see why the owners might have thought we didn't really need him.

I think our problem is our lack of creative midfielders. The forwards have missed chances but we dont create enough clear cut chances.

I think the £50m we spent would have been better spent going all out for Bale.

I think had we got him we would have been 5/6 points better off.

brotherblue said:

Reported last March we'd agreed personal terms with Van Persie.

Whether it was Marwood or the people who left him in charge, someone didn't have the experience and misunderstood what being champions meant, arrogantly assuming we had the time to hold out for a better deal.

United made the offer Arsenal needed for Van Persie, Chelsea met Hazard's terms, and we lost the league. And potentially our manager - the man who said we needed quick deals for both of them.

Some people at the club thought they knew better than the manager who'd just won the premier league. They didn't. Let's just hope everyone's learned now...

deano ou812 said:

I can only remember the 4-1 at Chelsea with Mancini and the 3-1 at Everton under Hughes. Other than that I can't remember any other City wins since we came back up in 2002. Maybe I am wrong and someone will correct me..I cant remember beating Stoke away since the 1998 game. Maybe my memory is going
Dont want to go off topic,think your right,we have won recently at chelsea,everton,but liverpool and arsenal go way back.. Although just recall under keegan anelka bagging two at anfield for a win,stoke agree,havent beat arsenal since 75 which to be honest is woeful,hopefully that will change today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.