Arsenal v City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue and Proud said:
Oils said:
We can defo win this...got a good feeling about Sunday...scousers nick a point and we take all 3, winning by the odd goal in 5..come on blues -

Hart

Zaba Komps Lescott Clichy

Milner Garcia Barry Silva

Tevez

Balo
I like the look of this team especially Tevez playing a bit deeper with Mario up as lone striker. Say what you like about Balo, he is a big game player always unpredictable but sometimes brilliant. OK it didn't really work against Utd this season but the goals we conceded, all of them poor from our perspective, were not his fault. I thought he looked really dangerous in his cameo appearance on Saturday.
So he deserves to start ahead of Dzeko who scored a hattrick(or 2goals, however you want to look at it) against Norwich and 1 against Stoke for Mario who looked dangerous for 20min against the mighty Watford? I like the way you think...

nehe11 said:
Blue and Proud said:
Oils said:
We can defo win this...got a good feeling about Sunday...scousers nick a point and we take all 3, winning by the odd goal in 5..come on blues -

Hart

Tevez

Balo
I like the look of this team especially Tevez playing a bit deeper with Mario up as lone striker. Say what you like about Balo, he is a big game player always unpredictable but sometimes brilliant. OK it didn't really work against Utd this season but the goals we conceded, all of them poor from our perspective, were not his fault. I thought he looked really dangerous in his cameo appearance on Saturday.
So he deserves to start ahead of Dzeko who scored a hattrick(or 2goals, however you want to look at it) against Norwich and 1 against Stoke for Mario who looked dangerous for 20min against the mighty Watford? I like the way you think...
Nothing against dzeko, just think this may be the game for balo....maybe completely wrong but reckon playing him last night was to sharpen him up for Sunday.

nehe11 said:
Blue and Proud said:
Oils said:

Hart

Tevez

Balo
Don't get me wrong, I do like Dzeko but Mario had more impact in 20 mins than Dzeko did in 70 mins who I thought had a stinker on Saturday. They are both frustratingly inconsistent but on their day either can be match winners. My choice for Sunday would be to start with Mario but have Dzeko on the bench from where he has made his most telling contributions this season.

Ntini77 said:
Big game for Garcia methinks.
Agreed. He did show us flashes of getting stuck in on Saturday, putting his head in where it hurts, but he also bottled a couple of 50:50 challenges. He is a player who will improve the more he plays and gets used to the pace and physicality of the English Prem.

Can also see us being dangerous at set pieces against Arsenal, with Garcia, Lescott and Komps (plus Dzeko on as sub) all providing a threat in the air. Might be wrong but apart from their centre backs, I don't think Arsenal have much height in their team.

Our record against anyone decent this year is wank.

Mancini needs to show that he can actually win against a bogey side.

If we don't win and rags do then the hill has just got that much steeper.

Arsenals defence is shite but their pace worries me especially with Barry and Garcia in midfield.

Negativity here is quite incredible. yes we have not had the best of luck away at Arsenal, but their team is worse than it has ever been. Not on the best of form either with draws against Southampton. Even with our injuries and suspensions, we still have the better team. Can't settle for a draw or anything in this game, go for the win, we have to.
------------------Hart----------------
Zabaleta--Kompany--Lescott--Clichy
Milner---Garcia---Barry
Tevez-Silva
Balotelli
1-0 to City

Should be a comfortable win. Arsenal are pants at the moment. Walcott wants to play striker when he's obviously a winger but Wenger trying to keep him happy. Giroud and Podolski patchy at best. Cazorla has gone off the boil. If Garcia can stop Wilshire playing I can only see a win by a couple of clear goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.