Arsenal v City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City v Arsenal Pre Match Thread

too soon for Sergio unfortunately I assume?

we'll need Edin to put the same level of performance in again

There is a light said:
afc16 said:
Manchester_lalala said:
With them having so many injuries and us having a near enough fully fit squad, we've got to be favourites for this. I'd take a draw but I'll be ecstatic with 6 out of 6 points after these tough away fixtures. Doesn't put us in the position where we have to go for the win at anfield.

bang on the money and just shows the difference in the fortunes and luck between the 2 clubs. At the most important stage of the season you've got a fully fit squad to chose from (barring augero), whilst we've now got 5 of our best players out (walcott, ramsey, ozil, wilshere and now kos).

it really is that simple - fit squad = we were top of the league and playing good football. loads of injuries to our best players = not very good football and poor results.

this is one season where i can't blame mentality or all the other usual cliches people are using.

you can't take that many of your best players out of any team and expect to plough on.

anyway think you'll win for the reasons mentioned above. we simply have too many of our best players out to give you a good game.

In fairness we have had Aguero out for three long spells, Kompany twice, Jovetic for most of the season, Silva for two months, Nasri for 6 weeks, Fernandinho for a few weeks including the key match against Chelsea. I'd say that's most of our key players, only Zabaleta and Yaya have been injury free.

podolski - over 4 months
ox - 4 months
cazorla - 3 months
ramsey - 3+ months and counting
ozil - will end up being almost 2 months
walcott - pretty much the whole season
wilshere - over 3 months

where we've been VERY unlucky is the combination of almost all our injuries being very long term (3+ months) AND at the same time. none of this back in 2-3 weeks lark.

i don't disagree that city have had injuries to important players, however a very key point is that none of your injuries have occurred at the same time. i maybe wrong on that but i can't remember a spell where you've had a number of your main players out injured at the same time.

as fans, all we see is what we see. we don't know anything behind the scenes. we see walcott get injured in a similar way to nasri, yet nasri is back in 6 weeks and walcott is out for rest of the season and a part of next season as well.

we see players with calf strains come back in a few weeks, hamstring back in a few weeks.

yet when our players get hamstring and calf injuries they tend to be the worst possible grade and they end up being out for 3-4 months.

that maybe more of an indictment against our medical team, i don't know. we are supposed to have one of the best medical facilities and staff in the country but theres obviously something wrong somewhere.

At one stage afc we were missing jovetic aguero negredo fernandinho nasri nastasic richards rodwell and garcia at the same time, if you want to see a team that's been lucky with injuries try chelski.

Can see the boys bringing home the 3 points even if we were to play a full strength Arsenal team we'd still win. Arsenal don't look comfortable playing in the bigger games so can see City starting the same way we started at the swamp.

Hart

Zaba Kompany Demichelis Clichy

Nasri Yaya Fernandinho Milner Silva

Dzeko

3-1 win hopefully :)

citytill1die84 said:
Can see the boys bringing home the 3 points even if we were to play a full strength Arsenal team we'd still win. Arsenal don't look comfortable playing in the bigger games so can see City starting the same way we started at the swamp.

Hart

Zaba Kompany Demichelis Clichy

Nasri Yaya Fernandinho Milner Silva

Dzeko

3-1 win hopefully :)

They must be terrified looking at our past few games

There is a light said:
afc16 said:
Manchester_lalala said:
With them having so many injuries and us having a near enough fully fit squad, we've got to be favourites for this. I'd take a draw but I'll be ecstatic with 6 out of 6 points after these tough away fixtures. Doesn't put us in the position where we have to go for the win at anfield.

bang on the money and just shows the difference in the fortunes and luck between the 2 clubs. At the most important stage of the season you've got a fully fit squad to chose from (barring augero), whilst we've now got 5 of our best players out (walcott, ramsey, ozil, wilshere and now kos).

it really is that simple - fit squad = we were top of the league and playing good football. loads of injuries to our best players = not very good football and poor results.

this is one season where i can't blame mentality or all the other usual cliches people are using.

you can't take that many of your best players out of any team and expect to plough on.

anyway think you'll win for the reasons mentioned above. we simply have too many of our best players out to give you a good game.

In fairness we have had Aguero out for three long spells, Kompany twice, Jovetic for most of the season, Silva for two months, Nasri for 6 weeks, Fernandinho for a few weeks including the key match against Chelsea. I'd say that's most of our key players, only Zabaleta and Yaya have been injury free.

Now,now.....Lets not's be letting facts get in the way of a good sob story.

moomba said:
sam-caddick said:
Liverpool are going to win every game in my opinion so this is must win or we are out of the title race.

To do that they have to do win 14 in a row. 2 more than their best ever winning streak. They've had a lot better teams than this one over the years.
14 wins in a row has only been achieved once in Premier League history too, by Arsenal in 2002. Would be astounded if this Liverpool side match that.

afc16 said:
There is a light said:
afc16 said:

podolski - over 4 months
ox - 4 months
cazorla - 3 months
wilshere - over 3 months

where we've been VERY unlucky is the combination of almost all our injuries being very long term (3+ months) AND at the same time. none of this back in 2-3 weeks lark.

i don't disagree that city have had injuries to important players, however a very key point is that none of your injuries have occurred at the same time. i maybe wrong on that but i can't remember a spell where you've had a number of your main players out injured at the same time.

as fans, all we see is what we see. we don't know anything behind the scenes. we see walcott get injured in a similar way to nasri, yet nasri is back in 6 weeks and walcott is out for rest of the season and a part of next season as well.

we see players with calf strains come back in a few weeks, hamstring back in a few weeks.

yet when our players get hamstring and calf injuries they tend to be the worst possible grade and they end up being out for 3-4 months.

that maybe more of an indictment against our medical team, i don't know. we are supposed to have one of the best medical facilities and staff in the country but theres obviously something wrong somewhere.
The injuries don't excuse two almighty twattings off your rivals, though. We've not had a twatting, despite our many and sustained injuries. You have had 2 twattings and by and large, teams who are capable of being beaten so easily - twice - don't win the league. Arsenal were always going to fall away, as quite simply the squad isn't good enough. I'm just surprised it hasn't happened sooner.

Another twatting awaits, too.

Balti said:
too soon for Sergio unfortunately I assume?

we'll need Edin to put the same level of performance in again
His return date is this Saturday so he'll definitely be in the squad.

Pigeonho said:
afc16 said:
There is a light said:

podolski - over 4 months
ox - 4 months
cazorla - 3 months
wilshere - over 3 months

The injuries don't excuse two almighty twattings off your rivals, though. We've not had a twatting, despite our many and sustained injuries. You have had 2 twattings and by and large, teams who are capable of being beaten so easily - twice - don't win the league. Arsenal were always going to fall away, as quite simply the squad isn't good enough. I'm just surprised it hasn't happened sooner.

Another twatting awaits, too.

3 twattings this season surely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.