Arsenal v City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say Arsenal are more or less out of it, with that being confirmed on Saturday if we win it. Obviously not mathematically, but mentally they will be fucked, whereas us, Liverpool and Chelsea will just push on and on. It is a 3-horse race for me as it stands right now, dropping to 2 in the coming weeks as I can't see Liverpool sustaining a run to win the league. From mid-April it will be us and Chelsea, and as i've predicted already, fate will have it that we go to Goodison with everyone else only having 1 game left, and we will win the league there.

If we start with 5 midfielders and go straight for the throat from the kick off then the 3 points will be ours and 10/15 mins off the bench to ease Aguero back in.<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:30 pm --<br /><br />
Pigeonho said:
I would say Arsenal are more or less out of it, with that being confirmed on Saturday if we win it. Obviously not mathematically, but mentally they will be fucked, whereas us, Liverpool and Chelsea will just push on and on. It is a 3-horse race for me as it stands right now, dropping to 2 in the coming weeks as I can't see Liverpool sustaining a run to win the league. From mid-April it will be us and Chelsea, and as i've predicted already, fate will have it that we go to Goodison with everyone else only having 1 game left, and we will win the league there.

I think the pressure will get to them as the race nears the end as it nearly did last night.

I'm not worried about this game at all. Arsenal have key players missing.

If we do lose, they can’t catch us and we still have games in hand over Liverpool and Chelsea. I’m actually confidant that should we lose to Arsenal and Liverpool, we can still win the League because they are sure to lose at least a game each.

If we do win then I think we will win the League. Chelsea only have 3 home games left.

I thought arsenal were going to goodison?
more lazy than useless said:
Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
aguero93:20 said:
@lovebitesandeveryfing Arsenal haven't got 4th secured, Toffees are 6 behind them with a game in hand, the only thing that worries me about this game is that the gap being closed might drive them on. If ourselves and everton win this weekend, it becomes 3 points behind with a game in hands and as things stand the goal differences are arsenal +19, everton +16, so you have to feel if everton make up the points they'll make up the goal difference as well.

Yeah, but Everton have got us to play, haven't they? And they're going to lose that, aren't they? ;-)

Arsenal also have to play us don't forget, so maybe that evens itself out.

The really interesting thing is that Everton still have to go to the Emirates!

Assuming we beat both of them, Everton are 6 points behind Arsenal. If Everton win their game in hand (don't know who it is) they are 3 points behind Arsenal. They then go and play them. Even with a draw, Everton may have already overturned the goal difference.

If I was an Arsenal fan I wouldn't be sitting very comfortably right now.

Must stop Rosicky.

He will be the only forward pathway for them, a talented player on his day.

It will be difficult to raise themselves but they will, albeit, we ride out some early pressure and a goal in our favour would see their fragile state and that of the crowd work in our favour.

For 20-odd minutes, they showed against Bayern that they can cause trouble at a high level of performance.

We need to be smart. It's actually a game where I believe attack will be the best policy.

One thing the Emirates is yet to earn the real privilege of is Toure being on the pitch for an entire 90 minutes.

Arsenal 2 City 3<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:36 pm --<br /><br />
Yeah, but Everton have got us to play, haven't they? And they're going to lose that, aren't they? ;-)

Assuming we beat both of them, Everton are 6 points behind Arsenal. If Everton win their game in hand (don't know who it is) they are 3 points behind Arsenal. They then go and play them. Even with a draw, Everton may have already overturned the goal difference.

Arsenal actually go to Goodison next week, not the Emirates.

Everton drew 1-1 at their place and should have won the game, they were very impressive that day in possession.

Sadly, Everton will be highly-motivated against us because they will be right in the mix.

Their fans will be caught between not wanting Liverpool to win the league and the millions they could earn getting top four.

Sorry, my mistake, Everton -v- Arsenal on 6th April. I would be even more worried as an Arsenal fan.

You're right about that. Just checked the gooners' website. Must admit, I hadn't noticed it. That does put added pressure on Arsenal to get something against us, no question about it. If they lose to us, and then at Goodison, then they are up the proverbial excremential creek with nothing other than their hands to paddle with.

Silver lining time though, if the tarquins finish fifth and win the fa cup, it might have the scum in the early europa league rounds and fuck up all their pre-season plans, or so I've been telling the missus (gooner) to cheer her up after convincing her everton were going to finish fourth. She doesn't seem to take as much joy in it as I do though. :/

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Must stop Rosicky.

He will be the only forward pathway for them, a talented player on his day.

It will be difficult to raise themselves but they will, albeit, we ride out some early pressure and a goal in our favour would see their fragile state and that of the crowd work in our favour.

For 20-odd minutes, they showed against Bayern that they can cause trouble at a high level of performance.

We need to be smart. It's actually a game where I believe attack will be the best policy.

One thing the Emirates is yet to earn the real privilege of is Toure being on the pitch for an entire 90 minutes.

Arsenal 2 City 3

-- Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:36 pm --

Arsenal actually go to Goodison next week, not the Emirates.

Everton drew 1-1 at their place and should have won the game, they were very impressive that day in possession.

Sadly, Everton will be highly-motivated against us because they will be right in the mix.

Their fans will be caught between not wanting Liverpool to win the league and the millions they could earn getting top four.

For some reason I am more confident going to an expansive Everton side managed by Martinez than going to Moyes band of thump and bump merchants playing in their cup final. Though they are a better side than last year the fact they play football this season should help us I think. Anyway 2 seasons ago we went to Champions League chasing Newcastle needing a result and that went quite well.

This is not arrogance, although it'll sound like it, but I'm sorry, we're better than everyone else. We just are. Other fans and managers have virtually said as much. If we play to anything like our full level of skill and determination we can beat absolutely anyone else and yes, with our full team including Kun and at our full level of ability, that includes the match at Anfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.