Arsenal v City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andouble said:
Hungarian blue said:
Pellegrini said on the press conference that 'Silva is okay', surely he's gonna start then isn't he?
I expect him to start

Got to be the same team that started on Tuesday now we know Kun's definitely out and Silva's fit and travelling.

Really good feeling about this game!

BillyShears said:
Andouble said:
Hungarian blue said:
Pellegrini said on the press conference that 'Silva is okay', surely he's gonna start then isn't he?
I expect him to start

Got to be the same team that started on Tuesday now we know Kun's definitely out and Silva's fit and travelling.

I had a dream last night............City press from the start, Yaya into Silva, shot blocked , Dzeko to Ferny , great pass to his left to Nasri , dumps fullback on arse cuts in , shoots and hits the near post - ball to Dzekoooooooooooooooooo.
43 seconds........oh wait - it wasn't a dream.
Same at Arsenal tomorrow please guys.

Arsenal are actually unbeaten at home since the opening day of the season in the league, didn't realise that. But Wenger said none of their injured players will be back so that means... no Walcott, no Ozil, no Ramsey, no Wilshere, no Koscielny, no Monreal and no Diaby (as usual).

Hopefully not as feisty as usual either so we can avoid suspensions.

There have been six red cards in the last seven league matches between these sides, with Manchester City receiving four and Arsenal two. Five of those have come in the last three meetings at the Emirates.

LoveCity said:
Arsenal are actually unbeaten at home since the opening day of the season in the league, didn't realise that. But Wenger said none of their injured players will be back so that means... no Walcott, no Ozil, no Ramsey, no Wilshere, no Koscielny, no Monreal and no Diaby (as usual).

Hopefully not as feisty as usual either so we can avoid suspensions.

There have been six red cards in the last seven league matches between these sides, with Manchester City receiving four and Arsenal two. Five of those have come in the last three meetings at the Emirates.
That twit Frimpong isn't involved, so that's a blessing.

And thank, Billy, for clarifying re: Micah. I'm not surprised he's injured. That isn't sarcasm. It's a true shame how things seem to be working out.

Bluep*ss said:
BillyShears said:
Andouble said:
I expect him to start

I had a dream last night............City press from the start, Yaya into Silva, shot blocked , Dzeko to Ferny , great pass to his left to Nasri , dumps fullback on arse cuts in , shoots and hits the near post - ball to Dzekoooooooooooooooooo.
43 seconds........oh wait - it wasn't a dream.
Same at Arsenal tomorrow please guys.

I actually think the fast "overloading" the opposition start is a very clear tactic of the team. I suspect it comes from the idea that if you break the deadlock in the opening part of the match, it forces the opposition out of their defensive shape, and with the quality in our team if the opposition leave gaps we exploit them very well.

Even said to my brother an hour before the derby kicked off that i felt we'd go for their jugular in the opening 15 minutes and if we scored there'd be no way back for the rags!

Listening to Wenger's press conference he is setting this up as Arsenal's cup final in the league, that's what it sounded like anyway.

We absolutely have to win tomorrow but we are going to be in for one mighty test.

sam-caddick said:
Listening to Wenger's press conference he is setting this up as Arsenal's cup final in the league, that's what it sounded like anyway.

We absolutely have to win tomorrow but we are going to be in for one mighty test.

You sound pessimistic?!

Seeing as Arsenal haven't been to many cup finals then that gives me confidence we will beat them!

Its a cup final for our lads too, Vinny will fire them up for this, have no fears there, win this and the PL is ours, no bigger game than that, its a 6 pointer for us, a must win. We will get the results we need after this if it goes well, in my esteemed opinion of course.. !

Win this and the early kick off against Southampton next Saturday and we'll be top of the league for a few hours at least, and still with a game in hand. Come on City, make it happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.