Arsenal V Man City Community Shield pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GunnerGer said:
Marvin said:
Kompany, Fernandinho, Zabaleta, Aguero, Demichelis, Sagna all due back today in training

Pellegrini will have to balance the desire to play as many of the new players asap to get them game time against their fitness.

Jovetic has been our most impressive player in pre-season.

I've got my ticket and I'm looking forward to it. Hoping to see Alexis Sanchez. If he plays I just hope Kompany is available.

We are in a pretty similar boat Marv. I assume Mertesacker, Ozil and Podolski were due back today, Vermaelen has been injured (and looks like he's leaving), Walcott still a few weeks away as well.

Our new guys like Chambers, Debuchy, Campbell & Sanchez were our most impressive players of the weekend, & of course the enigma that is Sanogo. Ironically, it was the senior players that looked out of sorts, Cazorla, Koscielny, Giroud looking pretty out of sorts.

I'd love him to go with pace up front as I think that suits our style of play best, an Ox, Sanchez, Campbell front 3 would be pretty decent viewing, but he'll probably revert to type and have Cazorla, Giroud & Rosicky playing.

To be fair mate the pace and creative players you have and the energy in the midfield is awesome I think your 3 players away from being on a par with ourselves and chelsea if you get kediera then its 2 a center back and a center forward saying that I still expect you to be up there till the last weeks of the season! Good luck sunday and for the rest of the season.

just not to much!!!

Tbilisi said:
GunnerGer said:
Marvin said:
Kompany, Fernandinho, Zabaleta, Aguero, Demichelis, Sagna all due back today in training

Pellegrini will have to balance the desire to play as many of the new players asap to get them game time against their fitness.

I've got my ticket and I'm looking forward to it. Hoping to see Alexis Sanchez. If he plays I just hope Kompany is available.

We are in a pretty similar boat Marv. I assume Mertesacker, Ozil and Podolski were due back today, Vermaelen has been injured (and looks like he's leaving), Walcott still a few weeks away as well.

Our new guys like Chambers, Debuchy, Campbell & Sanchez were our most impressive players of the weekend, & of course the enigma that is Sanogo. Ironically, it was the senior players that looked out of sorts, Cazorla, Koscielny, Giroud looking pretty out of sorts.

I'd love him to go with pace up front as I think that suits our style of play best, an Ox, Sanchez, Campbell front 3 would be pretty decent viewing, but he'll probably revert to type and have Cazorla, Giroud & Rosicky playing.

We cant seem to work out how many fans we will be taking,most estimates are 20,000....have you heard anything down there about you lot getting more tickets as know you will shift them.

Na, to be honest mate, im a Scottish Gooner, born & bred up here. Rangers fan first for my sins (hence the Ger part of my username), but have family that were Arsenal fans that took me down a few times when I was wee & that's now where the support comes from.

Having a young family now & living so far away (& the expensive tickets) means I can only make it down for a couple of games a season.

uwe rosler 28 said:
GunnerGer said:
Marvin said:

To be fair mate the pace and creative players you have and the energy in the midfield is awesome I think your 3 players away from being on a par with ourselves and chelsea if you get kediera then its 2 a center back and a center forward saying that I still expect you to be up there till the last weeks of the season! Good luck sunday and for the rest of the season.

just not to much!!!

Fair assessment mate that I would probably agree with. Cheers.

We cant seem to work out how many fans we will be taking,most estimates are 20,000....have you heard anything down there about you lot getting more tickets as know you will shift them.[/quote]

We got 26,000 tickets. Sold out now and no new tickets have been allocated.
As for team news, the 3 germans return after the game, Giroud will be rested and vermaelen /walcott injured.
Sanchez expected to start upfront centrally and Luke Chambers to carry on in central defence.

AwayDay said:
We cant seem to work out how many fans we will be taking,most estimates are 20,000....have you heard anything down there about you lot getting more tickets as know you will shift them.

As for team news, the 3 germans return after the game, Giroud will be rested and vermaelen /walcott injured.
Sanchez expected to start upfront centrally and Luke Chambers to carry on in central defence.[/quote]
Calum Chambers?

ElMatador said:
sam-caddick said:
I hope we will see Zuculini at some point during the game.
Zuculini has not even signed for us ?

I think he has been signed as an EDS/ reserve player.

Nothing gets announced by City from my experience when a player is signed for the EDS.

Marvin said:
AwayDay said:

Sanchez expected to start upfront centrally and Luke Chambers to carry on in central defence.

If we have sold that many that is a superb effort.

Tbilisi said:
Marvin said:
AwayDay said:

If we have sold that many that is a superb effort.

That's Arsenal's sales. On the other thread somebody quoted just under 18,000 as of Monday afternoon.
Apparently his mate works in the ticket office. 20,000 seems a good estimate as the final figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.