Arsene Wenger

conormcfc said:
Arsene on his hols...

tumblr_lnxi1qoGTr1qdbqfb.png

tumblr_lnxj9mfQib1qdbqfb.png

tumblr_lnxi4hx8hM1qdbqfb.png

tumblr_lnxjbfCCr41qdbqfb.png
so he does have a sense of humour then

I think he's degenerating as a person and his behaviour towards other Managers is deeply unprofessional. Refusing to shake hands etc.

Arsenal won't get Top 4 next season unless there's changes.

I feel sorry for him tbh. His long term project is crashing down around him. Remember he's the only manager in PL history to have an invincible season, and I respect him a lot for that. But if he fails to win anything this season they'll have a lynch mob mentality on the topic of his future. He is being a **** a lot more frequently these days but imagine how shit his life must be. I can't remember the last time something went right for him.

He should go into a director of football role with control over youth academy and talent scouting when Arsenal finally oust him because he is one of the best there is at that.

You can't feel sorry for someone when it's their decision to stay on. Ironically, Arsenal were heavily linked with Mancini when Wenger was considering his own future. He's been there for a long time and will make it very difficult for the next person to make the job their own. It's the same with Taggart - although I'm not remotely bothered about that.

Well he doesn't want to go out of stubbornness. I feel sorry for him because, well lets face it, his project has become a spectacular failure. All his best players want out and he's not won a thing in six years. Now he's in danger of losing out on CL football. It can't be easy to watch something you've worked that hard on go up in flames so spectacularly.

What he was trying to accomplish was admirable. To get a team, mainly from youth development, on low wages comparatively, playing expansive football and winning. Its the winning part he couldn't get down. But its arguable that had he only had United and Liverpool to contend with it might have worked. They finished second in Mourinho's first season at Chelsea so thats one Prem title off the bat. I suspect his dream was to create a version of Barcelona that was financially sound and it turned out to be pie in the sky.

Anyway I'm starting to sound like an Arsenal apologist so excuse me while I go and throw up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.