Arshavin's reception at the Emirates

Matt the Giant said:
I have never seen fans treat a player like that, to boo him for entering the pitch, just due to poor form, and it is to me unthinkable, unless of course it would be in an extreme situation, such as Tevez coming back or something.

When Arshavin first burst onto the scene in the European Championships, I thought he was one of the best I had ever seen. Absolutely stunning player on his day and I thought Arsenal had made a great bargain getting him for a mere £12nm (or something like that). But since he joined Arsenal I can't think of one single appearance where he reached that kind of Euro 2008 class again.
I wonder if he can get back to his best, and if it means he have to go back to Russia in order to do it.
from what I seen its actually worse than tevez. Arshavin is the laziest player in the league....he loses the ball all the time and doesnt do anything defensively. So any fan would hate a player if they thought he never tries. And surprise surprise the goal come from his lazy defending

Matt the Giant said:
I have never seen fans treat a player like that, to boo him for entering the pitch, just due to poor form, and it is to me unthinkable, unless of course it would be in an extreme situation, such as Tevez coming back or something.

When Arshavin first burst onto the scene in the European Championships, I thought he was one of the best I had ever seen. Absolutely stunning player on his day and I thought Arsenal had made a great bargain getting him for a mere £12nm (or something like that). But since he joined Arsenal I can't think of one single appearance where he reached that kind of Euro 2008 class again.I wonder if he can get back to his best, and if it means he have to go back to Russia in order to do it.

Liverpool away scored 4 i think.

No fans should react to a player coming on like that, then they wonder why he doesn't play with any confidence.

And to the knob sat behind me in 326 yesterday, if you're reading this i hope you've learnt to stop slagging players off after 2 mins of a game, nasri's goal certainly bit you on the arse!!

I didn't rate him much at Euro 2008. He was obviously good going forward and when they were spanking teams. He went missing when the going got tough however.

Fit's right in at Arsenal to be fair :p

Arshavin is probably the biggest part timer in the league.

Hard to imagine its the same bloke people were creaming themselves over in 2008

Didn't know he had such a poor attitude and I'm kind of surprised to hear it. I mean, back in St Petersburg and for his national team he seemed to work his guts out whenever on the pitch.

Well well...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.