Arteta

hgblue said:
quadvod said:
this thread turned into a bit of a love in! Lol! Think an earlier poster had it right in that we have some very good players but not a massive improvement on what u already have and almost certainly not at the prices we'd quote u. Plus it doesn't make good business sense to be funding moyes transfer budget year in year out. Glad to hear opinions on lescott being more positive than earlier in the season - always thought he'd come good for u - just a shame he got that injury otherwise he'd be a shoe in for that england squad

Here you go DontLookBackInAnger, here's one.
There you go and very nice to see.

quadvod said:
LongsightM13 said:
Quad, visiting fans like yourself who display manners and intelligence are always welcome. Shame some idiots like the guy who was banned give your more decent fans a bad name on here
Think you've got to have a certain mentality to come on another clubs forum and start dishing it out. I have no doubt that if the sultan of brunei suddenly decided he was a toffee we'd be having "messi or ronaldo" threads on our boards and not a peep made out of the morality of where he got his money from. In my experience best to ignore such people. Now promise ur putting in a £15 mill bid for hibbert and I'll be on my way a happy blue!

-- Sun May 23, 2010 10:36 pm --

BringBackSwales said:
are you really an Everton fan??
Yeah season ticket holder in the gwladys street for my sins. Assume ur referring to lescott views - am in a minority at goodison but fully understood why he went - just thought he was badly advised and didn't handle it well. They're all money motivated at the end of the day
Spot on

Matty said:
ecviper said:
Seems a lot for Arteta at £20mil +.
Too much. He's a good player, don't get me wrong, but he's hardly a young player and there's a reason he's reached this stage of his career and he's still at a club with Everton's limited opportunities.

The latest reports(I can't remember where I read it) seem to suggest he is stalling on a new contract and it's Moyes who is touting him around.

stony said:
Matty said:
Too much. He's a good player, don't get me wrong, but he's hardly a young player and there's a reason he's reached this stage of his career and he's still at a club with Everton's limited opportunities.

The latest reports(I can't remember where I read it) seem to suggest he is stalling on a new contract and it's Moyes who is touting him around.

your right there he wants some cash to spend so he's looking around who he can afford to let go, he's thinking Arteta 29 bad injury last year not long left on contract if he gets another injury similar to the last one that's the end of him let put feelers out there that man city are after him for loads of dosh 20 mill plus Jobs a goodun!!

ecviper said:

I don't agree. Our midfield is totally one dimensional, we desperately need a player like Arteta. He is 28 which most people would consider to be entering the peak years for a footballer. If we want a ready made creative midfielder who can come straight in and transform us into challengers then we are going to have to pay a lot especially when you add on the money we have to pay because everyone knows we are rich and factor in that the market has inflated a lot over the last couple of years.

Lancet Fluke said:
ecviper said:

I don't agree. Our midfield is totally one dimensional, we desperately need a player like Arteta. He is 28 which most people would consider to be entering the peak years for a footballer. If we want a ready made creative midfielder who can come straight in and transform us into challengers then we are going to have to pay a lot especially when you add on the money we have to pay because everyone knows we are rich and factor in that the market has inflated a lot over the last couple of years.
He's missed the best part of the last two seasons through injury. Surely after the Lescott and RSC signings we've learned our lesson, stay away from injury prone players.

Matty said:
Lancet Fluke said:
He's missed the best part of the last two seasons through injury. Surely after the Lescott and RSC signings we've learned our lesson, stay away from injury prone players.

Lescotts injury record at Everton wasn't bad. There was always the worry about his knee, but I can't recall him spending any lengthy spells injured.

I agree though, we should stay well clear of injury prone players. We have absolutely no need to go down that route.

Matty said:
Lancet Fluke said:

Not to mention the fact that although Arteta is a good player on his day, he's as immobile as Barry and De Jong, which is not at all what we need. In fact, I can see Arteta coming in and having a similar impact to what Barry had. Minimal.

Although I like him as a player, for me it's a big no unless one of Barry or De Jong is being moved on, and we intend to buy a couple of more central midfield players too...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.