Arteta

BillyShears said:
Lancet Fluke said:
I think 20 million is absloutely sod all at the moment where we are concerned. 2 or 3 years ago you could get a player who was top class, now it doesn't even get you Lescott. I know that was a one off to some extent but it has inflated the market and certainly has inflated the market for us. I know Hughes was getting desperate at that point and that is why he paid so much but whether we like it or not, nobody is going to sell us a top player for less than 20 million. I know there is the AJ argument and that we got a bit of a relative bargain but I think that is going to end up being the exception to the rule. Gerrard will go for nearer 40 if he moves and he is 30 in a few weeks. Milner will go for 30 at least if it is to us. And if Rodwell was going to be 20 to united, he'd have been 30 to us. I don't think there is anything we can do about it now.

Again, it's hard to argue with that.

As Fergie said - there's no value in the market...lol.

Do you remember how much Schneider went to Inter for last season, and Robben to Bayern. I think they were both under 20 million - great deals.

I know. It does sadden me to see us getting fleeced but I just don't think the club will get any players they really want if they don't grudgingly give in to clubs. And ferguson was right and it is a particularly pertinent to them for obvious and hilarious reasons. I know I mentioned Benayoun on the other thread, I'd go for him, not as a major signing to play every week, but I reckon he'd be a great addition and he might represent some value. He can certainly pass better than anyone we have at the moment and can take on defenders through the middle.

roylefamily said:
Arteta would be a fantastic signing , he's just entering his peak , he's an established Premier League player with ' Spanish flair ' ... but can you see Moyes ever letting him go ? He fought like a madman to keep lescott , Arteta is far more valuable than he ever was to Everton .. on top of that Arteta seems happy were he is .. I think this is one battle Moyes might win , Moutinho from Sporting Lisbon is a similar player , 50 international caps , wants to leave , is younger and would be cheaper .. a better option !

He's stalling on a contract and it's Moyes who's touting him around.

stony said:
roylefamily said:
Arteta would be a fantastic signing , he's just entering his peak , he's an established Premier League player with ' Spanish flair ' ... but can you see Moyes ever letting him go ? He fought like a madman to keep lescott , Arteta is far more valuable than he ever was to Everton .. on top of that Arteta seems happy were he is .. I think this is one battle Moyes might win , Moutinho from Sporting Lisbon is a similar player , 50 international caps , wants to leave , is younger and would be cheaper .. a better option !

If this is the case then obviously he may go for a more reasonable price (although not to us because I reckon he would "cut his nose off to spite his face" where we are concerned). I genuinely haven't heard anything about his contract and I just assumed that Moyes would desperately want to hang on to him seeing as how he looked so good when he came back last season.

Love to see him at city, if Bellamy does have to go would be my favoured replacement IF he can pass a proper medical.

Seriously though be near enough impossible to sign him surely, Everton and Moyes are a nightmare to deal with just so unprofessional and everything is about trying to con their idiotic fans into thinking they are a proper club and dont have to sell their best players every year (which is clearly the case)

Cant see it happening personally. Will probably end up going to arsenal or the rags for half what we would pay .....

Lancet Fluke said:
Sabster said:
He did ALMOST nothing that game just defended well and followed Moyes' gameplans.

He is NOT what we need - SLOW, OLD, Doesn't score enough goals, Injury Prone

We need someone with a bit of pace who can carry the ball and beat a man occasionally (robinho).

I thought he was the best player on the pitch, outside of their back 4. Also I would see an ability to be disciplined, follow instructions and play in a way that may not be your favoured role as a positive not a negative. Incidentally, are we now saying that players who have just turned 28 are old? Surely not.

Yes that is too old. And to put it simply he is not good enough. Too slow, can not beat a man, doesn't score enough goals - only works hard.

Sabster said:
Lancet Fluke said:
I thought he was the best player on the pitch, outside of their back 4. Also I would see an ability to be disciplined, follow instructions and play in a way that may not be your favoured role as a positive not a negative. Incidentally, are we now saying that players who have just turned 28 are old? Surely not.
Yes that is too old. And to put it simply he is not good enough. Too slow, can not beat a man, doesn't score enough goals - only works hard.
Hey Sabster the Newbie, you are clearly talking out of your arse. He would walk into any team in the world, except possibly Barcelona. You need to take your medication.

Lancet Fluke said:
stony said:

If this is the case then obviously he may go for a more reasonable price (although not to us because I reckon he would "cut his nose off to spite his face" where we are concerned). I genuinely haven't heard anything about his contract and I just assumed that Moyes would desperately want to hang on to him seeing as how he looked so good when he came back last season.
I should have said 'rumoured' I have definitely read it somewhere in the last couple of days but I can't remember where.

Arteta is a very good player and would most definitely improve us but I think we can do better. I don't think there's too much difference between him and Milner in terms of quality, although Arteta probably has the better range of passing. Personally I would go for Milner every time just because of the workrate and tenacity in his play and the fact that he's young, English and seems to be ultra professional. I wouldn't mind Arteta if the deal for Milner fails.

Yes that is too old. And to put it simply he is not good enough. Too slow, can not beat a man, doesn't score enough goals - only works hard.[/quote]

Footballs a game of opinions i suppose but that summary of Arteta is a little different - have you ever seen him play?

lionheart said:
Sabster said:
Hey Sabster the Newbie, you are clearly talking out of your arse. He would walk into any team in the world, except possibly Barcelona. You need to take your medication.

HA HA HA, he would walk into any team in the world - he doesn't even make spain's 2XI<br /><br />-- Mon May 24, 2010 4:11 pm --<br /><br />
quadvod said:

Footballs a game of opinions i suppose but that summary of Arteta is a little different - have you ever seen him play?[/quote]

Yes I watch everton regularly. He is slow and therefore cannot beat a man, I admit he can pass well but so can barry. He doesn't score very many goals from open play - not what we need at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.