Arteta

Sabster said:
lionheart said:
Hey Sabster the Newbie, you are clearly talking out of your arse. He would walk into any team in the world, except possibly Barcelona. You need to take your medication.

HA HA HA, he would walk into any team in the world - he doesn't even make spain's 2XI

-- Mon May 24, 2010 4:11 pm --

quadvod said:
Yes that is too old. And to put it simply he is not good enough. Too slow, can not beat a man, doesn't score enough goals - only works hard.

Footballs a game of opinions i suppose but that summary of Arteta is a little different - have you ever seen him play?

Yes I watch everton regularly. He is slow and therefore cannot beat a man, I admit he can pass well but so can barry. He doesn't score very many goals from open play - not what we need at all.[/quote]
and how does xavi rate for you - slow,can't beat a man and only scored 3 goals all season...shit him. Look at the current set up of your side - pace out wide, class act like tevez making fantastic runs - but you've got no-one threading it all together - in an ideal world u'd be after xavi snijder,fabregas but their not on your radar just yet. Arteta would be a big improvement on what you have - cracking player - best we've had at goodison since sky invented football (there's an easy dig available there!)

quadvod said:
Sabster said:
HA HA HA, he would walk into any team in the world - he doesn't even make spain's 2XI

Footballs a game of opinions i suppose but that summary of Arteta is a little different - have you ever seen him play?

Yes I watch everton regularly. He is slow and therefore cannot beat a man, I admit he can pass well but so can barry. He doesn't score very many goals from open play - not what we need at all.
and how does xavi rate for you - slow,can't beat a man and only scored 3 goals all season...shit him. Look at the current set up of your side - pace out wide, class act like tevez making fantastic runs - but you've got no-one threading it all together - in an ideal world u'd be after xavi snijder,fabregas but their not on your radar just yet. Arteta would be a big improvement on what you have - cracking player - best we've had at goodison since sky invented football (there's an easy dig available there!)[/quote]
I think you are spot on there mate. I have liked Arteta for years. If he was English he would deffo be going to the WC.

quadvod said:
Sabster said:

Yes I watch everton regularly. He is slow and therefore cannot beat a man, I admit he can pass well but so can barry. He doesn't score very many goals from open play - not what we need at all.
and how does xavi rate for you - slow,can't beat a man and only scored 3 goals all season...shit him. Look at the current set up of your side - pace out wide, class act like tevez making fantastic runs - but you've got no-one threading it all together - in an ideal world u'd be after xavi snijder,fabregas but their not on your radar just yet. Arteta would be a big improvement on what you have - cracking player - best we've had at goodison since sky invented football (there's an easy dig available there!)[/quote]
Good post. You know our team better than most City fans

We've got quality forwards, but in many games we can't get them on the ball in the danger areas and have to rely on wingers to attack which isn't always effective if the opposition have good full backs.

I'd like to see City sign 2 midfielders and play a proper 4 man midfield instead of 2 central midfielders plus 2 wide men. mancini go labelled a defensive coach by some nutters, but his problem was that he couldn't put out a proper midfield because they were all defensive midfielders, or were on the treatment table.

The fans who don't rate Arteta are just trying to wind Everton fans up

this is a deal IMO that would not need to be rushed and I wouldn't believe would be done til much later as he's not a player that will be in the World Cup.

bluestreak said:
quadvod said:
and how does xavi rate for you - slow,can't beat a man and only scored 3 goals all season...shit him. Look at the current set up of your side - pace out wide, class act like tevez making fantastic runs - but you've got no-one threading it all together - in an ideal world u'd be after xavi snijder,fabregas but their not on your radar just yet. Arteta would be a big improvement on what you have - cracking player - best we've had at goodison since sky invented football (there's an easy dig available there!)
I think you are spot on there mate. I have liked Arteta for years. If he was English he would deffo be going to the WC.[/quote]

Do not even compare him to Xavi they are not in the same league...
Would not be a big improovement - as good as barry if not worse.

Marvin said:
quadvod said:
Good post. You know our team better than most City fans

We've got quality forwards, but in many games we can't get them on the ball in the danger areas and have to rely on wingers to attack which isn't always effective if the opposition have good full backs.

I'd like to see City sign 2 midfielders and play a proper 4 man midfield instead of 2 central midfielders plus 2 wide men. mancini go labelled a defensive coach by some nutters, but his problem was that he couldn't put out a proper midfield because they were all defensive midfielders, or were on the treatment table.

The fans who don't rate Arteta are just trying to wind Everton fans up[/quote]
Will be interesting to see how mancini shapes his midfield having had 6 months to size up what he's got and a summer transfer window to change it.<br /><br />-- Mon May 24, 2010 10:24 pm --<br /><br />
Sabster said:
bluestreak said:
I think you are spot on there mate. I have liked Arteta for years. If he was English he would deffo be going to the WC.

Do not even compare him to Xavi they are not in the same league...
Would not be a big improovement - as good as barry if not worse.[/quote]
think u missed my point re xavi but we'll agree to disagree

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.