Arthroscopy on knee

fiddlesticksblue

Had an arthroscopy on my knee yesterday, had a torn meniscus trimmed away but they found I've also got a torn ACL - anyone on here had one and had it repaired? Is it worth the surgery and rehab if all I want to do is play golf and climb hills?
Too many years playing in Salford Sunday league have finally caught up with me.

Still, got a couple of days off work so not all bad.

I've had a snapped ACL in one knee and a ruptured PCL in the other from playing football. My advice would be get it done as it will only deteriorate over the years, you'll tear more cartilage which you'll need shaving off and it will continue until you have no cartilage left. Its not good when you get it done and you'll prob need 3-4 weeks off work but its worth it.

fiddlesticksblue said:
Had an arthroscopy on my knee yesterday, had a torn meniscus trimmed away but they found I've also got a torn ACL - anyone on here had one and had it repaired? Is it worth the surgery and rehab if all I want to do is play golf and climb hills?
Too many years playing in Salford Sunday league have finally caught up with me.

Still, got a couple of days off work so not all bad.

Done on both knees.

Get it sorted now 'cos they only get worse as you get older.......

Did you not have an MRI scan before the op ? I had knee trouble and the first this they did was an scan, that is how they found my Miniscus was shreded. A quick operation and I am fine. Perhaps Trafford is the place to live as they can afford scans!

Blue Mist said:
Did you not have an MRI scan before the op ? I had knee trouble and the first this they did was an scan, that is how they found my Miniscus was shreded. A quick operation and I am fine. Perhaps Trafford is the place to live as they can afford scans!

Didn't have an MRI scan as I was desperate to get it done quickly my knee had been locked for a couple of weeks...by the time I'd seen my GP then the consultant (who sent me for an X-ray) his operating list was next day so with a few calls to BUPA managed to get approval for the op. Must say, Fairfield hospital in Crank were brilliant and the surgeon was very helpful.

Get it done ASAP mate. As others have said, the longer you leave it, the longer the recovery. I tore the ACL and PCL in my left knee. I got passed from pillar to post with various aprties claiming there was nothing wrong with me and that I would be fine. 18 months down the line I had an operation and it took me 12 months to recover. But we're all different with our recovery times.

Rodney Marsh's Hair said:
There's a very helpful booklet about keyhole surgery you can get at any GP or Pharmacist's.

It's called 'Through the keyhole' written by Arthur Scopic.

Nice one!

Think I'll book the next op in ASAP - thanks for all the advice guys.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.