Article Praising Pellegrini

Slowly slowly everyone is beginning to see why Pellegrini is so well respected in football and why he was by a country mile the perfect appointment.

He still should've won manager of the season last season but okay you can't have everything. Wonder how many trophies he needs to win this season to win it.

Henkeman said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
I enjoyed reading that. I would say that Kevin Reeves was a cracking little player, though. No Kenny Dalglish, but no Steve Daley either.
I too liked a Kevin Reeves, BTP. He wasn't nearly prolific enough, but he had a great first touch, held the ball up very well for his size and was superb at flick-ons. My favourite player in the early 80's.

He scored the first City goal I ever saw live (a penalty), so he's a God of my childhood.
His penalty in the '81 Cup Final is the 'forgotten' goal of those two games. It was a cracking spot-kick.

I understand he's a very highly regarded scout these days.

Nice read that.

It's a strange morning this - a pro-City article in the Mirror and an anti-United agenda on Sunday Supplement.

Henkeman said:
I too liked a Kevin Reeves, BTP. He wasn't nearly prolific enough, but he had a great first touch, held the ball up very well for his size and was superb at flick-ons. My favourite player in the early 80's.

He scored the first City goal I ever saw live (a penalty), so he's a God of my childhood.
His penalty in the '81 Cup Final is the 'forgotten' goal of those two games. It was a cracking spot-kick.

It was the 3rd round match v Palace I was taken to. I had no idea why the opposition manager was getting such a warm reception from the fans. Bless.

Henkeman said:
Henkeman said:

It was the 3rd round match v Palace I was taken to. I had no idea why the opposition manager was getting such a warm reception from the fans. Bless.
The strange thing about that Cup run is that all the rounds were covered on the BBC (via MOTD) except that Palace one iirc. This was most unusual at the time as they only covered three games for each round.

Can't recall if it was on ITV or not, but I do remember we won 4-0 - at least I think I do!

*shuffles off to history section*

Rammyblues said:
I know we have all knocked the Mirror in the past but maybe its me they seem to have been reasonable about our transfer activity as well, I wonder if they have got the "ear" of our club for information.
They seem to, they got the story of City turning down di Maria first last night "from a senior club official". Knowing how much Soriano hates leaks, that wasn't done without his say so.

It's happening folks.
The quality of our football and the sheer class of our club from owner to manager, players and fans is shining through.
The media will have no choice but to turn in our favour.

Henkeman said:

The strange thing about that Cup run is that all the rounds were covered on the BBC (via MOTD) except that Palace one iirc. This was most unusual at the time as they only covered three games for each round.

Can't recall if it was on ITV or not, but I do remember we won 4-0 - at least I think I do!

Highlights were on The Big Match that evening!

Henkeman said:
Henkeman said:

Highlights were on The Big Match that evening!
Good game to have as your first, mate. The FA Cup had a real buzz around it those days and a 4-0 win on your 'debut' is a....errrrr...... massive result. Also, as you've referred to, Big Mal's return added a further layer of intrigue to proceedings.

His reception from the fans, given the shocking state his reckless tenure rendered the club in, showed City fans at their generous best and demonstrated that at a football club, good memories should always prevail over bad ones when reflecting upon the past. Otherwise, what's the point?

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
I enjoyed reading that. I would say that Kevin Reeves was a cracking little player, though. No Kenny Dalglish, but no Steve Daley either.

Thought at the time that If Kevin Reeves had the mentality of Kevin Keegan, he would have been a star player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.