Article Praising Pellegrini

There's one big flaw in that article. Un***d are not our rivals:-P

(although as fans we firmly believe that this will always be the case i am taking on the same spiteful persona that bacon face instilled in his team to say about us for 20 years. This attitude rubbed off on many of the brainwashed and i am stating this with toungue planted firmly in cheek).

djimaldblue said:
Henkeman said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
I too liked a Kevin Reeves, BTP. He wasn't nearly prolific enough, but he had a great first touch, held the ball up very well for his size and was superb at flick-ons. My favourite player in the early 80's.

He scored the first City goal I ever saw live (a penalty), so he's a God of my childhood.

I was at the City V Leeds match, must have been in the early 80's and it was a God awful boring game when Kevin Reeves took a long ball down on his chest and turned before smashing it into the net from the edge of the area. As I recall we bought him from Norwich where he was prolific.
That goal was in the very last minute. Alan Clarke was the Leeds manager iirc and they were routinely played for a draw that season, especially that day. The back pass rule was a god-send to the game tbh. There were some shocking games in the 70's and 80's.

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
I enjoyed reading that. I would say that Kevin Reeves was a cracking little player, though. No Kenny Dalglish, but no Steve Daley either.

To be fair, Steve Daley was no Steve Daley either. Just a decent player weighted down by the most over inflated transfer fee ever paid. Which of course wasn't his fault.

I think the article illustrates why the current financially successful football clubs benefiting from a prolonged yesteryear investment have been so protectionist.
Even the media are now noticing that City is being run in a totally different way to its rivals.

Last week on Sky Sports we had the feature on the excellent work done by the City in the Community Team recognised. Seems that English FA are now funding City to roll out their program to English schools generally. Quite an accolade for this until now unsung investment by the Club.
Now the Press seem to slowly accepting that a contender for European titles does not have to rely on the vocal talents of a Manager to achieve its objectives.

Everything about our Club has the feel of a professionally run Business that knows exactly where it is going and is employing the best people to carry out that objective.

Frankly I don't blame the others for sniping at us because they do not have owners who are prepared to invest in ALL aspects of running their Club.
In fact most of them relish the Cash Cow status that current success brings them so the infrastructure and Community investment coming to fruition at City will shortly force comparisons that they are unwilling to invest in.

Mr Pellegrini reflects exactly the type of person Sheik M. has employed in all of his ADUK senior positions and the successful appeasement of the greed that Player Agents show demonstrates the quiet professionalism of this highly impressive Management Team.

We are rightly proud of our owner and his ADUG team together with our Manager and his player achievements.
We have always been proud supporters of our Club but it is certainly a novelty to say the same about our owners and the Manager.

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
I enjoyed reading that. I would say that Kevin Reeves was a cracking little player, though. No Kenny Dalglish, but no Steve Daley either.

Agree, my favourite player at the time.

Henkeman said:
Henkeman said:
Highlights were on The Big Match that evening!
Good game to have as your first, mate. The FA Cup had a real buzz around it those days and a 4-0 win on your 'debut' is a....errrrr...... massive result. Also, as you've referred to, Big Mal's return added a further layer of intrigue to proceedings.

His reception from the fans, given the shocking state his reckless tenure rendered the club in, showed City fans at their generous best and demonstrated that at a football club, good memories should always prevail over bad ones when reflecting upon the past. Otherwise, what's the point?

Apart from thinking that was normal!

My parents had moved south, and so I only got taken to games when we went back to visit family. That first year I saw maybe 5 games and thought a cup final run was how things were. So I was in tears come the cup final.

A little coda: my father would go to every game for 30 years till he moved south. But in the years since not many at all. So come the 2011 cup final I reminded him that my first ever game was the last season City got to the final, and wouldn't it be nice to watch it together. He said yes it would be lovely and did I want to come round to watch it? "well I could Dad, or you could come with me to Wembley". The silence on the other end of the phone is a special memory.
Brilliant.

djimaldblue said:
Henkeman said:
He scored the first City goal I ever saw live (a penalty), so he's a God of my childhood.

I was at the City V Leeds match, must have been in the early 80's and it was a God awful boring game when Kevin Reeves took a long ball down on his chest and turned before smashing it into the net from the edge of the area. As I recall we bought him from Norwich where he was prolific.
That goal was in the very last minute. Alan Clarke was the Leeds manager iirc and they were routinely played for a draw that season, especially that day. The back pass rule was a god-send to the game tbh. There were some shocking games in the 70's and 80's.

The kippax used to chant. 'You're worse than Leeds united' to any dull and defensive team back then. This was the era that ushered in 3 points for a win.

Wow that's some praise for us. Be honest though is their not a tiny part of you that misses a little bit of "the cups for cock ups"? It made us what we are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.