Artificial Intelligence

There are many books and films that portray the end of the human race being down to the rise of AI. Some people are clearly worried about it.

If we end up being slaves to machines or dying out as a result of going way over our heads, then, unfortunately, sobeit. We're a product of our own evolution and one day we will die out as a species. If this is the way, then this is the way.

danburge82 said:
There are many books and films that portray the end of the human race being down to the rise of AI. Some people are clearly worried about it.

If we end up being slaves to machines or dying out as a result of going way over our heads, then, unfortunately, sobeit. We're a product of our own evolution and one day we will die out as a species. If this is the way, then this is the way.

I'm not worried about it, I'm interested by it and genuinely wonder if we're that stupid to take the risk and go ahead with the development. Think we're way off any kind of real breakthrough at the minute though.

YoungBlue said:
danburge82 said:

I'm not worried about it, I'm interested by it and genuinely wonder if we're that stupid to take the risk and go ahead with the development. Think we're way off any kind of real breakthrough at the minute though.

I think we are a lot closer to cloning and genetic tampering, now that could be a bit scary.

talkativesprout said:
YoungBlue said:
danburge82 said:

I think we are a lot closer to cloning and genetic tampering, now that could be a bit scary.

We've already dabbled, but there are a lot of laws surrounding the humanity and I can't see many of them being lifted... suppose that doesn't stop some people though

YoungBlue said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19354994

Just read this article and it seems we're getting closer and closer to the possibility of AI's.
As a human race, I think we're incapable of developing these in a controlled environment as a well designed AI is expected to have the capability to self improve itself. Being technology at it's finest themselves, the risk of them surpassing all the constraints of human intelligence is more than possible.

Then what happens when an AI actually becomes smarter than a human? It will be impossible for any human to fully understand as they will then just keep improving itself as much as it possibly can, which could make it stupidly hard to predict, maybe understanding the laws of logic far better than any human can.

What does everyone else think about this? I hope I'm not the only one who gives a shit!

We have nowhere near the computing power for the type of robots that you are talking about. I can't see us having it any time in the next few decades either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.