Arturo Vidal

Kompany is King said:
With Fernando looking likely to sign...

Do we need Vidal, maybe wrong but isn't he more defensive?

I'd go for Fabregas - proven at the top level and offers a goal/attacking threat.

Vidal scored 11 this season, 10 last. To be honest I thought he scored even more, I had a feeling whenever I watched Juve he scored.

MSP said:
Kompany is King said:

I'd go for Fabregas - proven at the top level and offers a goal/attacking threat.

Vidal scored 11 this season, 10 last. To be honest I thought he scored even more, I had a feeling whenever I watched Juve he scored.

Goal scoring trend is improving.

28 goals in 95 games at Juve. 26 years old is a good age for a central midfielder. Has experience, but still time to improve.

Looking at his work rate compared to YaYa I think he would be worth the money and be a different option to YaYa but not necessarily from a team perspective a downgrade.

Fortunately it is down to City's management and I have faith in their ability to make the right decision.

Out of interest what do people think Vidal would cost to buy and would be interested in a move to Manchester?

Kompany is King said:
MSP said:
Kompany is King said:

28 goals in 95 games at Juve. 26 years old is a good age for a central midfielder. Has experience, but still time to improve.

Looking at his work rate compared to YaYa I think he would be worth the money and be a different option to YaYa but not necessarily from a team perspective a downgrade.

Fortunately it is down to City's management and I have faith in their ability to make the right decision.

Out of interest what do people think Vidal would cost to buy and would be interested in a move to Manchester?
He'll be interested as Juve don't really have anywhere to go at the moment, Serie A is too easy for them but they're unlikely to win the CL, it's going to be very hard to replace Pirlo. Just at a rough estimate, I reckon they would sell for about £35m as they can use Marchisio in Vidal's role, use the spare wages to beef up Pogba's contract and so hold on to him and then fund a Pirlo replacement (if such a thing exists) with the transfer fee. Vidal isn't one of those £40+m players.

aguero93:20 said:
Kompany is King said:
MSP said:

He'll be interested as Juve don't really have anywhere to go at the moment, Serie A is too easy for them but they're unlikely to win the CL, it's going to be very hard to replace Pirlo. Just at a rough estimate, I reckon they would sell for about £35m as they can use Marchisio in Vidal's role, use the spare wages to beef up Pogba's contract and so hold on to him and then fund a Pirlo replacement (if such a thing exists) with the transfer fee. Vidal isn't one of those £40+m players.

If you have to replace Yaya, Vidal and Pogba are the most similar players in the market. The difference is that Pogba is a bit similar to Balotelli iin terms of mental age, a bit more grown up, but not that much. The other point for Vidal is that he can be a CB and also can play in every positions into the midfield. Plus the energy he puts in every game and how easy he can score, he appear by surprise. He can do a good duo with Fernandinho. Once I said that I don´t think Juventus going to help or make it easy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.