As a club - what have we done so wrong?

I've got mates who support, Derby, Villa, Liverpool, Everton, Swansea, Port Vale, Wolves, Luton and West Ham.

They all seem quite happy that we're doing well.

As for doing stuff wrong, Garry Cook was a bit foot in mouth.
On the tube after the game last night, I eavesdropped the Chelsea fans and to be fair, they were pretty complimentary towards us. It was the same from Arsenal fans after the cup game two weeks ago.

I'd suggest to the OP, that anyone who "screams in the face" of someone else (football matters or not) are best avoided.

Rags have been at the top for a few years now,every time a club challenges,they are like the pantomime villain.I remember sitting in a pub in Riga watching the rags against Chelsea in the community shield in 2006,some twat was whining about Abramovich ruining football lol.very insecure people.

Blue Punter said:
I've got mates who support, Derby, Villa, Liverpool, Everton, Swansea, Port Vale, Wolves, Luton and West Ham.

They all seem quite happy that we're doing well.

As for doing stuff wrong, Garry Cook was a bit foot in mouth.
On the tube after the game last night, I eavesdropped the Chelsea fans and to be fair, they were pretty complimentary towards us. It was the same from Arsenal fans after the cup game two weeks ago.

I'd suggest to the OP, that anyone who "screams in the face" of someone else (football matters or not) are best avoided.

Oh no no no no no....they're not going to be avoided, joke or not that went too far, beer or no beer, family or not there will be a quiet word spoken. Anyway that wasn't really the point, probably shouldnt have thrown it in really but it was to illustrate my point that even some of my (well the wifes) family thought it fair game to have a go at somebody who has been going to games for 13 years home and away. Its obviously jealousy because they never go.

As a red I refuse to be a hypocrite

Yes you have now got rich owners but I dont begrudge you that

If someone put that amount of money into United do you think we would all be moaning??. Absolutely no way anyone who says otherwise is talking shite

I hate to say it but you have a fucking top team and that isnt achieved just by money on its own credit has to got mancini ( Yes I was on the Stretford end for the 6-1)

I wouldnt worry about being hated ( As a red I am used to it and thrive on it and it galvanises the team and the support )

If people hate / dislike City it means your a threat to them so you are doing something right

Think you've covered things already - powerful vested interests in whatever walk of life don't like to feel threatened, in this case the "Big Four". Add to that the huge cashflow, throw into the mix some egging on by a London-biased media, and there you have it.

Usual arguments against us - if we're doing well, it's all due to money. If we're not doing well, it shows you just can't go out and buy a team.

Just ignore all the trash in the media. Over time the frenzy will die down as we become accepted as a major force. Not many people go on about Chelsea's cash anymore.

sapper said:

If someone put that amount of money into United do you think we would all be moaning??. Absolutely no way anyone who says otherwise is talking shite

I hate to say it but you have a fucking top team and that isnt achieved just by money on its own credit has to got mancini ( Yes I was on the Stretford end for the 6-1)

I wouldnt worry about being hated ( As a red I am used to it and thrive on it and it galvanises the team and the support )

If people hate / dislike City it means your a threat to them so you are doing something right

This in a nutshell

We just have to get used to it,we all have to pull in the same direction

Personally I'm loving it, I'm even enjoying the fact that nobody likes us any more. For far too long we've been the underdog, who people have praised when we've occasionally done better than expected, but by and large, the same people have laughed their arses off when we've more often f**ked up.

The only thing we've done "wrong" is challenge the normal, how dare we ? Upstarts challenging the devine rights of the big sorry sky4, but its mostly the same fans who don't like it, egged on by skytv, and the tabloid media. Spurs are only "loved" because they have the media darling managing their club, the vast majority of fans I have spoken to, outside of the sky4 are actually on our side.

One other thing that went against us was sacking the greatest british manager in waiting, when sheer greatness was just round the corner for him (not).

sapper said:

Great post, sapper.

It's all just a load of bollox. I could understand if we were the only ones floated on the stock market and the only ones who had been taken over by foreign investors. The fact is everyone is at it and the only difference is that our owners are better, richer and prepared to pay to get what they want. IMO our owners doing what they are should be heralded as what they are; the greatest football club owners in the world. Buying football clubs and then investing heavily in the playing squad is what it's all about, not sitting back bleeding clubs dry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.