Ashley Young......

OrigamiNinja said:
C_T_I_D said:
Wouldn't surprise me but Young wouldn't give up first team football at Villa for a place on the bench @ City would he? If Robinho is fit then you play him, it's as simple as that.

Agreed but only if Hughes is going to play 433 all the time. This may be controversial but id rather have Young on the left in a 442 than Robinho especially away from home! Id say in a 442 I would rather have Robbie playing up front than left mid!

Your right with what your saying but robbie wouldnt play up front in a 4-4-2 away from home he just wouldnt play

Ashley Young is a fantastic player, would be a great addition. But, I can't see it for several reasons. Firstly, I highly doubt Villa would sell another of their star players to us. Also, he wouldn't be guaranteed first team football and he'll be trying to get in the World Cup Squad. Think it's a bit like us being linked with Alonso, not unreasonable to suggest it, but unlikely to happen.

He'd be a good signing but only if Robinho left.

You can only accomodate HALF of Adebayor, SWP, Young, Robinho, Tevez, Santa Cruz, Bellamy, Petrov, Ireland, Barry, De Jong, Kompany to at the most 6 positions, at any one time.

He is a very good player. But will not come to rotate when Robinho is injured or rested. Not a chance.
Robinho is first choice in that position hands down.

Although saying that, I am convinced something is going on with Young due to Villa signing that world class left sided player Downing!

Probably going to the rags :(

As some have suggested, Young would allow us to play 4-4-2 when we needed but if Villa were to let him go after Barry, they'd be effectively destroying their team from last year, or more to the point we would be. Whilst that would suit us, the only way they'd do that is if we gave them enough money to sign 5-6 players & build a better one ie; A LOT.

Signing him would also mean the end of Petrov of course.

It's complete fabrication in my opinion. Firstly, the £18m bid the paper claims is going to be made is pointless. It would take almost double that to get Villa to sell. Secondly, we would not be able to keep both Young and Robinho happy. Thirdly, if this is related to us possibly selling Petrov, the replacement we bring in for Petrov's position in the squad would be someone who wouldn't necessarily mind being a squad player for a year or two before then breaking into the team. It would be someone like Elia from FC Twente for example, and NOT someone like Ashley Young who would expect to play straight away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.