Ashton-under-Lyne (MCSC branch)

ashton-blues said:
Hi Raffles have you any idea of when you want the next meeting then the ball can realy get rolling.

Hi,

I will know more tonight, as I am going to the EC meeting at Eastlands. Hopefully, I will come away with all (or most) of the information we need to progress.

As soon as I can sort out what 'position' does what, I'll get a 'proper' meeting organised.

cheers
Andy 'Raffles'
Manchester City Supporters Club (1949) - Ashton-under-Lyne branch

Raffles said:
de niro said:
I get all that with a superbia package but I'm a quid light.

I could try and organise a charity night for you...

-- Mon May 30, 2011 10:01 am --

phuzion said:
Im up for it too, could maybe help setting up a website or something?

Hi mate,

I haven't forgot about your generous offer. If you want to get something started then please go ahead. We have an un-official logo at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.teambadattitude.co.uk/mcfc/logo-raffles.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.teambadattitude.co.uk/mcfc/logo-raffles.jpg</a> (can provide in any format) and there's Sam's (BlueRoscoe) logo at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.teambadattitude.co.uk/mcfc/logo-sam.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.teambadattitude.co.uk/mcfc/logo-sam.jpg</a> (which is where I stole my design from). Feel free to use either, as nothing has been decided on yet (we need to 'vote' on designs etc.).

BTW - I can provide the hosting and the domain name (mcsc-aul.co.uk) if needed.

cheers

Can I ask what the half moon and stars represent in the badge, and what the Latin says??
Love the red and black strip going through it, Maybe you could get something relevant to the city in there on the shield, and perhaps some maroon colouring... just a thought<br /><br />-- Tue May 31, 2011 5:33 pm --<br /><br />
Raffles said:
de niro said:
I get all that with a superbia package but I'm a quid light.

I could try and organise a charity night for you...

-- Mon May 30, 2011 10:01 am --

phuzion said:
Im up for it too, could maybe help setting up a website or something?

Hi mate,

I haven't forgot about your generous offer. If you want to get something started then please go ahead. We have an un-official logo at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.teambadattitude.co.uk/mcfc/logo-raffles.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.teambadattitude.co.uk/mcfc/logo-raffles.jpg</a> (can provide in any format) and there's Sam's (BlueRoscoe) logo at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.teambadattitude.co.uk/mcfc/logo-sam.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.teambadattitude.co.uk/mcfc/logo-sam.jpg</a> (which is where I stole my design from). Feel free to use either, as nothing has been decided on yet (we need to 'vote' on designs etc.).

BTW - I can provide the hosting and the domain name (mcsc-aul.co.uk) if needed.

cheers

Can I ask what the half moon and stars represent in the badge, and what the Latin says??
Love the red and black strip going through it, Maybe you could get something relevant to the city in there on the shield, and perhaps some maroon colouring... just a thought

The Ashton coat of arms:

Argent, a mullet sable, pierced of the field; in dexter chief a crescent gules. Crest: On a wreath of the colours, Upon the battlements of a tower proper, a griffin's head erased gules, charged on the neck with a crescent Or. Motto: Labor omnia vincit. Granted 7 July 1926.

The silver shield with the black five-pointed star was the arms of the Assheton family from the early Middle Ages, and branches of the family used the arms with slight differences or by adding the marks of younger sons. One such mark is the crescent, and it was this particular branch of the family whose arms were assumed by the Town Commissioners in the 1830s. The Borough Council inherited this assumption in 1847 but it was not until 1926 that The College of Arms granted the present arms which denote the borough while retaining the link with the original lords of the manor.

The motto means Persistent Works Triumphs and is a quotation from Virgil's Georgics

Well- you did ask Blingy. Source Tameside.gov.uk

Carver said:
The Ashton coat of arms:

Argent, a mullet sable, pierced of the field; in dexter chief a crescent gules. Crest: On a wreath of the colours, Upon the battlements of a tower proper, a griffin's head erased gules, charged on the neck with a crescent Or. Motto: Labor omnia vincit. Granted 7 July 1926.

The silver shield with the black five-pointed star was the arms of the Assheton family from the early Middle Ages, and branches of the family used the arms with slight differences or by adding the marks of younger sons. One such mark is the crescent, and it was this particular branch of the family whose arms were assumed by the Town Commissioners in the 1830s. The Borough Council inherited this assumption in 1847 but it was not until 1926 that The College of Arms granted the present arms which denote the borough while retaining the link with the original lords of the manor.

The motto means Persistent Works Triumphs and is a quotation from Virgil's Georgics

Well- you did ask Blingy. Source Tameside.gov.uk

I’m very impressed!!
Guess that gives me away as not being an original Ashtonite!

Evening, Gents

I live in Stalybridge (major Rag town) but can confirm that we Blues have managed to wrestle the Best Room (as opposed to the freezing cold tap room) in The Fox off the Rags in recent months, despite the Landlord being a wrong 'un.... However, in response to a poster earlier on in this thread I can confirm that The Guzzling Goose in Ashton (directly behind The Witchwood) is 85% blue and 15% Rag... and you can purchase a pint of bitter for £1.70 to boot.... If you are setting up in The Warry or March Hare I suggest you talk to some of the lads in there ... I know it isnt in the most selective of Ashton locations but, if I'm honest, even the minority of Rags are decent blokes and it is now my prefferred location for watching Away games...

mancitymick said:
Cant be arsed reading the full history but if i join can i queue jump for tickets?

Of course mate - straight to the back of it. Please reply when you have something original to type. Thank you.

Anyway, I've just got back from the EC meeting and it's all looking good (so far). I managed to meet the ever-elusive (read 'busy') Kevin Parker as well. Also, some wonderful gent from Baguley branch (didn't get your name, sorry) passed me a copy of the legendary rule book.

So, that means that we now need to start forming a committee. This calls for another meeting. I have asked Carl (landlord of the March Hare) to see when he can fit us in. I'll let you all know via here, Facebook and Twitter as soon as it is confirmed.

LOL at the Latin motto on the logo btw. I never actually knew what it meant - but I guess persistence does indeed pay off.

Hank - you're free to watch the match wherever you decide mate. That doesn't stop you from signing up ;)

cheers
Andy 'Raffles'

Raffles said:
mancitymick said:
Cant be arsed reading the full history but if i join can i queue jump for tickets?

Of course mate - straight to the back of it. Please reply when you have something original to type. Thank you.

Anyway, I've just got back from the EC meeting and it's all looking good (so far). I managed to meet the ever-elusive (read 'busy') Kevin Parker as well. Also, some wonderful gent from Baguley branch (didn't get your name, sorry) passed me a copy of the legendary rule book.

So, that means that we now need to start forming a committee. This calls for another meeting. I have asked Carl (landlord of the March Hare) to see when he can fit us in. I'll let you all know via here, Facebook and Twitter as soon as it is confirmed.

LOL at the Latin motto on the logo btw. I never actually knew what it meant - but I guess persistence does indeed pay off.

Hank - you're free to watch the match wherever you decide mate. That doesn't stop you from signing up ;)

cheers
Andy 'Raffles'

good luck with this Andy.

de niro said:
good luck with this Andy.

Thanks mate.

To all the 'ticket' posters - I know there will always be the 'ticket grabber' sceptics - but out of all the proposed new branches, AuL was the only one represented at tonight's meeting.

Who knows - I may be actually doing all this for the right reasons? ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.