Ashton Under Lyne Parking

DrBlueBob

In the study at Herr Doktor Blau's Schloss
Team supported
Need you ask?
Travelling down from Edinburgh for the Southampton match and thought about avoiding the club carparks and trying the tram from Ashton Under Lyne.
Can anyone recommend a safe car park which will have spaces near enough to the tram and also any idea how busy the trams get on match days?
It's far enough to travel without extra hassle especially as we are going via London!
Thanks in advance, any advice much appreciated.

I drive down from Edinburgh for every home game and occasionally use Ashton Moss where there’s a large free car park next to the tram stop.

It’s ok, but the drive around the top of the M60 up to the M61 afterwards is a pain. Tends to be quicker getting away to just park near the ground to be honest.

Trams are ok going that way, not busy but take longer than you think as you get stuck in match traffic coming through Droylsden

Travelling down from Edinburgh for the Southampton match and thought about avoiding the club carparks and trying the tram from Ashton Under Lyne.
Can anyone recommend a safe car park which will have spaces near enough to the tram and also any idea how busy the trams get on match days?
It's far enough to travel without extra hassle especially as we are going via London!
We have parked up at the Ashton moss tram stop a few times , it’s ok going to the stadium but getting back after the game seems to take forever. We usually use the trains now but if we drive we park nearer the ground as it takes less time to get away.

Which part of the stadium are your tickets for?

Like others have said,there is a park and ride ,you park near the sheldon arms and catch the tram from near there,its not to bad going on the tram but coming back it is seriously crowded and very slow with all the traffic,if you do chose to do this Id advice you to hang around the stadium for 30mins to an hour after the game,go in the shop or a drink etc and then get the tram when it goes a little less crowded.

I drive down from Edinburgh for every home game and occasionally use Ashton Moss where there’s a large free car park next to the tram stop.

It’s ok, but the drive around the top of the M60 up to the M61 afterwards is a pain. Tends to be quicker getting away to just park near the ground to be honest.

Trams are ok going that way, not busy but take longer than you think as you get stuck in match traffic coming through Droylsden
Where would you recommend parking near the stadium? The tram idea is just that, an idea. Never been on it so if it facilitated easier egress then I'm up for it but if not then hey. Also driving in convoy so ideally park somewhere before the traffic snarls up.

We have parked up at the Ashton moss tram stop a few times , it’s ok going to the stadium but getting back after the game seems to take forever. We usually use the trains now but if we drive we park nearer the ground as it takes less time to get away.
Cheers BC. Whereabouts nearer the ground would you recommend? I am not averse to using the club's carparks it's just that from previous experience they are a pain to get away from.

Where would you recommend parking near the stadium? The tram idea is just that, an idea. Never been on it so if it facilitated easier egress then I'm up for it but if not then hey. Also driving in convoy so ideally park somewhere before the traffic snarls up.

I drive from Ashton way. I park on Clayton lane. 10 min walk from ground. Easy to get away. Much better than getting the tram.

Like others have said,there is a park and ride ,you park near the sheldon arms and catch the tram from near there,its not to bad going on the tram but coming back it is seriously crowded and very slow with all the traffic,if you do chose to do this Id advice you to hang around the stadium for 30mins to an hour after the game,go in the shop or a drink etc and then get the tram when it goes a little less crowded.
Or leave fifteen minutes early! ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.