Assessment of our business this summer | Poll Added

Go on then, rate our transfer business out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2 signings so far have been good but with injuries and departures the squad is clearly 2-3 players short.

Desperately need quality cover for Rodri, a creative midfielder and a winger with pace. If Phillips is never going to be used there's no point in him being there - Rodri is the only player in the squad we can't cover.
I wouldn't disagree with any of that but, if Pep has lost all faith in Phillips, it does beg the question as to why there don't appear to be any serious efforts on behalf of the club to move him on in this window.

People talking about us being weaker.

Kovacic is not identical to Gundo but has already slotted in nicely. Josko is already looking an upgrade on Laporte.

So far so good.

Mahrez is a blow as he was a major part of our successes and it's debatable whether Cole or anyone we buy will be at his level. But Bernie and Phil can play there equally well.
With more game time for Alvarez that's a plus.
The elephant in the room is Kevin's injury, but if Phil continues to perform like that then we only really need as new winger.

Very happy with the players that we have brought in. The squad could do with a couple of extra bodies (assuming that Cancelo and Laporte both leave) especially given the current injury situation. If we buy a couple before the window closes, that would be great. If not, it should give a bit of an opportunity to some of the fringe/younger players.

I find it a bit weird how late we've left it, I know Mahrez leaving wasn't exactly the plan and the market had gone insane, but still doing business once the season has started isn't ideal.

Our players are so versatile and coaching so good that we can definitely get away with operating a smaller squad, but just two or three players out and suddenly our squad begins to look very slim.

I reckon we'll get Doku and that's it, which will mean we've reduced that age of the squad and refreshed it a bit which is a vital process, but the overall quality and depth will be roughly the same.

The biggest concern is cover for Rodri still, but personally I think Kovacic could do that job very well.

You've completely disregarded the outgoings and the lengthy injury to Kev. As of right now, midfield and attack is stretched thin.

I think it's telling Pep made no subs on Saturday. He was making a point.
Pep doesn't make subs in tight games either regardless of the players on the bench. We haven't signed cover for Rodri however the Kalvin Phillips signing hasn't worked out (we only signed him last Summer)

Along with the players who we have given new deals to.
We are weaker at this point in time than last season, that doesn't equate to a 8 out of 10 window regardless of new deals, get 1 or two in before the end of the window and you have an argument

Mitrovic gone for £43M but Laporte for less than £25M. How’s that happened then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.