Assisted dying

law74

It has been said that if (when) Labour form the government after the next election, they will "allow" a "free vote" on "assisted dying" aka "legalised suicide".
Personally, I believe that this is a change that should be put to the people in its own right, not left to those in the House of Commons.
Regardless of the rights of the individual and family, an issue like this shouldn't dictate who I trust with the economy etc for the next five years.

I tend to agree but I do think it's probably like abortion in that no matter what the law says or doesn't say it will always go on. Murder is pretty much a crime everywhere but it has not stopped it. Bottom line, assisted dying is moving in only one direction and it is only a matter of time.

About time this happened , having witnessed thousands of deaths i can say that some go in horrific pain and suffering , drs used to give enough morphine to keep patients sedated and it ultimately surpressed their breathing so much they die peacefully but over time that has changed and drs are not doing that , i assume because of the odd person who would look to sue them

I agree a free vote but also it needs the country to have a vote, it is that important a decision . I think every poll shows people are in favour and have been for years but the mps are shit scared to vote for it so bypass them or do both votes

If every health trust had a panel who come together to discuss individual patients , made up of drs , legal people and pallative care along with that patients gp then i can see how the checks can be made to avoid pressure and coersion on the patient involved , that is key

I think a banning referenda policy in a manifesto would be a bigger vote winner.

Assisted suicide should be available, but with heavy regulation. No vote needed then as it is available should a person want it and not if they don’t.

It has been said that if (when) Labour form the government after the next election, they will "allow" a "free vote" on "assisted dying" aka "legalised suicide".
Personally, I believe that this is a change that should be put to the people in its own right, not left to those in the House of Commons.
Regardless of the rights of the individual and family, an issue like this shouldn't dictate who I trust with the economy etc for the next five years.
Since when has it been aka 'legalised suicide'?
The negative connotations of the word paint a picture that is usually wrong regardiing those who are facing a bleak future through ill-health.

I’m all for it. Think it’s a disgrace that people can’t choose to go out with a bit of dignity.
Sure, it’d be a bit of a nightmare to police and unfortunately due to the human race being a bit cunty there will always be things open to abuse but overall it’s something that should have been in place a long time ago.

I’m all for it. Think it’s a disgrace that people can’t choose to go out with a bit of dignity.
Sure, it’d be a bit of a nightmare to police and unfortunately due to the human race being a bit cunty there will always be things open to abuse but overall it’s something that should have been in place a long time ago.

It'll end up like the purge, maybe they are doing a sly trial run in Haiti again to see how it goes.

People have paid to go to Dignitas for years.. I'm for it 100%

Watching somebody who is really struggling to come back from a stem cell transplant and after ~9 years dealing with cancer, I believe that this change to legislation would offer another option for some people....

I wouldn't wish what we're dealing with on anybody so I can imagine how impossible the decision would be to choose euthanasia IF it was an option... As I think somebody mentioned, we treat our pets more humanely then our fellow man

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.