Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Even with this info, I think the choice to bring Ake on, rather than Sergio Gomez (and move Cancelo to the right side) is strange to me.

Changing the formation with 10 minutes to go is not usually a successful tactic, especially when you are sending a player that has been off with his passing for most of the match up the pitch to be the deeplying playmaker.

In the 2nd half, Walker was playing alot more in a back 3, so in this sense the substitution didn't change our formation.

This information actually makes alot more sense to me because it made no sense to make this sub and keep 3 defenders back as we were doing 2nd half.

Shit show. 2 points dropped.
We don’t half underperform against some really poor sides.
Onwards and upwards.

Probably get slaughtered for this, but when pep arrived he said Sergio needed to adapt and work harder, best goal scorer in the clubs history, yet haaland comes in and is there just to score, haalands work rate is piss poor, yes get a ball to him he will score, but in the meantime we are playing with a.man light,haalands work rate is appalling

I think I get what you are alluding to, but give him a chance man. Even from the first game, his work rate is improving, you can see him chasing back, dropping deeper game on game.

We pay him to score goals and he is doing that, just give the lad some leeway to adjust to an alien system.

He is simply a beast

Mahrez and Gundo, the eternal scapegoats. Feel better now after you dropped your turd?!
Honestly, I don’t get personal on here but you are an absolute nut-job. You have no interest in Manchester City. If Mahrez had fucked off to some team in China, you’d have fucked off with him and Bluemoon would be a better place for it. For context, most City fans on here are English, but that doesn’t mean we can’t/won’t give stick to an Englishmen when it’s deserved. Your love-in of Mahrez is plain fucking weird.

Both us and Liverpool will be happy to have had a poor performance without losing ground to the other.

Could be seeing the decline of our best-ever full-back, here.

Onto the next one.
He looks great actually playing as a fullback.

I love Pep and back him all the way but we’ve not got used to this inverted stuff again.

Didn't think we were near it in the first half, we likely would've been if Walker squares the ball to Haaland early but not to be.

Thought the second half up until their goal we should've put them away. Erling does his usual and scores, Kev hits the bar, Haaland has two saved and Villa rode their luck and scored a cracker, sometimes you just have to say fair play to the opposition. They aren't or didn't do anything special just rode their luck and put away their only chance. It happens, that's football.

No time to dwell on it, I thought Alvarez would've given them fits but hopefully he starts against Sevilla and Haaland can have a rest with the Spurs game coming up.

Take the point and move on for me. We'll have a few more games like this during the season so no need to throw the baby out with the bath water.
I agree. We always do. Also in context after Forest effectively laid down for us, expectations rise.

Ah ah ah ah
giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.