Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

2 points from 4 games is not good enough. This was the worst I’ve seen us play in a long time. Only 2 shots on goal as well. Summer transfers coming back to bite us. That’s what happens when you get your 4th choice midfielder.

A bit wank. Sure we always have a first half of the season slump. We could kick-on after Xmas like we usually do, but this season there's way more teams breathing down our necks to afford shitty performances like that. Previous seasons its more-or-less been a two horse race by Xmas. This season it feels like a 5 or 6 horse race. So to expect all of them to fuck up feels like a tall order.

Anyway, not depressed overall, just by that awful display and last Sunday. Get back to me in March/April.

Got to say though, I do doubt a few of Pep's signings and dealings. Especially getting rid of Palmer who's fast becoming a Chav favourite.

Anyway, onwards to the mighty Luton. They gave the Arse a bloody good game by the sounds of it, so let's see. A loss there would blow the brains of many on here.

COYB.

We won't this year.
Dissgree.. key players to come back and being enough points of the top to lump the pressure on them but with more than ample time to reel them back in. All depends on us. If we can find a quick turnaround. Absolutely zero reason to think we couldn’t be within 3 points by Christmas and top by end of Jan. it all depends on us though.

Looks like a scrap for top four this season. I can't believe the rags are only THREE points behind us. When we beat them it was nine. Losing Gundo and Mahrez and adding Kovacic and Nunez is a massive drop in quality and experience. As for Gvardiol he's been terrible whether he's playing left back or not. The team.looks tired, stale, lightweight and devoid of ideas and confidence. Rodri and Kev coming back I fear won't make a lot of difference and in Kev's case it may be too late to make a difference. I'm not looking forward to Luton away after tonight.

Got to give Villa credit, they were excellent tonight and the 1-0 margin completely flatters us.

It’s astonishing that a club with the players we have seriously lacks creativity without KDB and cannot win a game without Rodri.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.