Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Probably you’re right.. and I’m not one to flap but we really don’t look like the city of the last few years at the moment. I don’t think we have the quality we used to. Kev might save us
Above anything else, Villa were better. It’s ok to not be the better team sometimes.

Won’t go down well here either but again another game where haaland is basically a passenger. For supposedly the best striker in world football I expect more from him. There is more to being a striker than just scoring.

If mahrez played with that effort he would be slaughtered

Villa played like it was a cup final. A lot of teams will do that against us, especially those in the top 4/6. Our players don't seem up for the fight.

Don't really think that can be said for a side sitting above us in the table.

They outplayed us tonight. They have been good in other games too though.

Oh well never mind they can look forward soon to their jolly jaunt to the best and biggest competition in the world the fantastic club World Cup play like that and they’ll be on the next plane home after getting knocked out by the champions of Outer Mongolia or whoever..

Last edited:
We all know deep down that you don't win every game but man, to make John Mckinn look like prime Zidane takes some doing. You don't mind losing by being outplayed by a better team but to lose when you are second to every single challenge is not ideal. Reminded me of the game away at Everton in Pep's first year it was that bad.

Not one player stepped up to cover absences. Lewis, Foden, Alvarez and Erling offered nothing. Pep needs to do some work and fast, the rest of the league will be rubbing their hands with us playing so slowly and backwards at the moment. Kev is needed because with only one knee he'd be better than that! And, we need him as the captain because when it got tough tonight Kyle went into a shell.

Rant over - it will be ok at the weekend.

This system only works with having the best players available. Pep tried it when he joined and it didn’t work. Last year Stones was a revelation and we had a Gundo in full swing as well as Kev. Pep needs to tweak it and I have no doubt that he will.

the defence is a total shambles at the minute, gvardiol is not a left back, akanji is not a midfielder, surely to fuck we still had enough players to play them all in their proper positions ffs, we were made to look like a fuckin mid table championship team!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.