Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

We had similar start last season, i think once KDB comes back we can start winning strike. In addition, we missed Gundo badly, but I am confident pep will sort out our problem. Even if we dont win the title this season I am ok with it. Lets get behind the team and create atmosphere that can lift up players.

No doubt we will hear today how the other teams have caught us up, no, we have come back down to them. Arsenal are no better, liverpool, spurs and villa have improved, but we are nowhere near last seasons standard.

We had similar start last season, i think once KDB comes back we can start winning strike. In addition, we missed Gundo badly, but I am confident pep will sort out our problem. Even if we dont win the title this season I am ok with it. Lets get behind the team and create atmosphere that can lift up players.
Anything we get from KDB will be a bonus, huge injury to get over at 33 and for a man with a catalogue of major injuries.

Personally I think he will be gone in the summer.

Is this our weakest squad we've had for years?. We can't cope with a few injuries to key players now, we could've managed quite comfortably even a few seasons ago when our bench was full of quality. Last night's bench was awful, eight on it with two keepers present, how has it got so threadbare?. Three players on it who do virtually the same job ie Nunes, Phillip's, and Kovacic and all three haven't got a goal in them, absolute rubbish.
Nunes for 53m could be even worse business than Phillip's, why we paid that for someone who had a shit season at Wolves is beyond me. Still early for him though, do hopefully he can produce something.
I think we see big changes again next summer

Aston Villa played very well last night. Credit to them. They stopped City from playing. We looked poor for long periods. It's one game that should not define our season. I am disappointed. We have been very fortunate to see some fantastic football from City over recent years. You can't win every match. We did not get thrashed though. All our league defeats this season have been close. Arsenal only beat us with a deflected goal. Same for Aston Villa. We have drawn a few games too, but again should have won the ones against Spurs and Liverpool. All is not lost. The fixture list looks better for us over next several weeks. KDB is on his way back. Reasons to be cheerful. Come on City!

There wasn't any lack of commitment v Spurs . We dominated them. We are not far off it. But when you lose Rodri to suspension you lose a great player. We will bounce back Sunday afternoon

At this moment in time I wouldn't put any money on it. In spite of losing to Arsenal Luton were very unlucky. A small tight ground, raucous atmosphere, wet and windy conditions and we have lost our belief. It will be like a cup tie from the seventies. In fact I'm going to check the odds for a Luton win.

Credit to Villa, they were superb.

Whilst another day, it could've ended 0-0, can't say Villa didn't deserve a lead. We were so poor offensively.

Could've played another 90mins and we wouldn't score. We had 6 defenders out on the pitch. We were so concerned over covering Rodri's absence that we neglected to care for the attack. Villa's high line is there to be exploited, as Spurs tried, but other than Foden, we didn't have the personnel on the pitch to do it.

Thank god Rodri's back next game, but we really need to figure out a way to play without Rodri.

He’s our best option to play with rodri. Im not saying he’s great but the rest are worse!! He’s played 36 mins in the last 4 games against Chelsea/Liverpool/Spuds/Villa and we've been wide open without him, suicide football. I’d go with him and Rodri and also stop this Alvarez/Haaland experiment, it doesnt work.
Agree with the Garland/Alvarez stuff...needs ditching

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.