Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

For me the biggest issue is that in a must win game last night the manager opted for a midfield that featured a RB, a CB and a #9.

That's a pretty fucking damning indictment of this summers window. The fact that there were three midfielders on the bench worth a collective £125m yet none were seen as solutions sums up the piss poor summer window.

We didn't bank on Kev picking up any lengthy injury during the first match of the season. On top of that our new signings still need time to fully bed in.
Kev has had a few injuries over the past two or three years and was has been overplayed to fuck by both City and Belgium. He's been running on fumes for ages so while we didn't bank on him being injured so early we should have known he couldn't just be played week in, week out.

That was as bad as Southampton away in the cup. We couldn’t pass, tackle or control the ball for the whole game. Villa kept finding big holes all over the pitch and we gave the ball away far too often in every area. Thank fuck for Eddy.

Think we need to go back to basics a bit and stop conceding. Back 4 with Stones and Aki, and give kalvin a go, he couldn’t be worse than Kova or Nunes last night.

The Saudi trip can’t come soon enough, a week in the sun, hopefully a couple of straightforward wins and back to it for Christmas.

As bad as we’ve been recently, we’re still only 6 behind and we ALWAYS improve in the second half of the season. I wouldn’t be writing the league off just yet. I think we’ll see a big reaction on Sunday and we’ll get behind the lads v Palace. No easy games and all that but these two are very winnable.

No getting round it but that was a poor performance but I would rather get them out of the system NOW and not in the run in….a blip now we can deal with ….a blip with five games to go would be a nightmare.

Anything we get from KDB will be a bonus, huge injury to get over at 33 and for a man with a catalogue of major injuries.

Personally I think he will be gone in the summer.
No, KDB is a sort of player even with half witness he can produce magic moments. He is one of the best players in the world, so KDB in team is always bonus.

I thought we played pretty well against Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs. We created lots of chances, should've won those games but ultimately missed easy chances and conceded silly goals. Those are all fixable things.

The performance against Villa was more concerning though. Physically we were completely outplayed. We looked tired and Villa outfought and outthought us in every area last night. We were completely dominated and had it not been for Ederson and Dias it probably would've been 4 or 5.

I think the run of games, lack of squad depth and injuries/suspensions took their toll last night and we were deservedly beaten. Very uncomfortable viewing. The big concern is how we fall apart without Rodri. It's absolutely imperative we get Phillips put the door in Jan and get somebody else in who is physically dominant and can hold and control the midfield alongside and without Rodri. Difficult player to find but there are players out there. Missing out on Rice (and Bellingham) is looking like a big mistake now sadly.

We need to get through the remaining December period in touching distance of top and take it from there. Things will look better when KDB is back and hopefully Stones can stay fit now alongside Rodri.

No, KDB is a sort of player even with half witness he can produce magic moments. He is one of the best players in the world, so KDB in team is always bonus.
He was without doubt but will he ever get back to that level, it's a question that needs answering.

Agree with the Garland/Alvarez stuff...needs ditching
I’m sure the answer to this can be found “somewhere over the rainbow”.
In reality last nights starting line up consisted of six defenders and two strikers !!!
We are not trusting Nunes, Kova or Kalvin to start which is a huge issue on already scarce resources.
Who knows how much last seasons treble has taken out both mentally and physically.
I trust us to bounce back though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.