Aston Villa (A) - Post-Match Thread

Great win. Shite refereeing, Villa well up for it, a depleted squad and lots of obvious fatigue amongst the City boys. Very very good win.

Still hold reservations about our title chances without a striker this season. It was painful seeing the notifications flood in from Goodison Park with the dippers burying yet another ‘close’ tie. We don’t have that X-Factor at the moment, it’s going to be tough.
We have a lot of players to come in. Everton are sinking under the Benitosaurus

Scintillating first half and a little reminder that despite those missing we had a top quality team out there.

Shout out to Ake and Zin for slotting in seamlessly and Fern dug out another performance.

Second half we struggled a bit but dug it out and finished comfortably. Big win.

As ever we get ‘treated’ to the Mike Dean ‘Me Me Me’ show, the absolute fucking wanker that he is.

Possibly the worst ‘officiating’ I have EVER seen.
He made the rules up as he went along.

We were awful 2nd half.
No he didn’t. The rules were clear from the start : let Villa get away with everything and punish us. No doubt this emboldened them and had a negative effect on us. It’s happened loads of times.

First half good, second half poor. The players who came in fresh did pretty well. Some of those who've been playing a lot are clearly a bit tired.

Ref was shockingly bad.

Lack of options from the bench worrying. Bringing Grealish on for those final 10 mins was the right call - worth the risk of galvanising the opposition for the calmness and time on the ball.

Can't wait for Kev, Kyle, Stones and Gundo to be back, as well as Phil at full fitness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.