Aston Villa (A) - Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep has confirmed via pre-match interview that the idea is to keep Rodri closer to the back line in today’s formation. I do not think he’ll necessarily play as CB in possession, though.

Feel like it'll be a big one today.

Villa's midfield is terrible, they've conceded the 3rd most in the league, the team had their mojo back a bit recently and Aguero and Jesus together. 2 strikers for Mendy to cross too as well, Cancelo bombing forward...

I think it'll be 4+

Feel like it'll be a big one today.

Villa's midfield is terrible, they've conceded the 3rd most in the league, the team had their mojo back a bit recently and Aguero and Jesus together.
Have we started with Jesus and Kun in a front 2 since the 5-0 slaughter of Liverpool? Assuming it is a front two of course

I like the side he’s picked, although I’m just not sure about Dave starting games any more. I’d have probably gone with Bernie.
Bernardo is in great form but as PC says he runs himself into the ground for 90 minutes whereas David will be fresh. I agree he can't start every week but I think it'll be ok for this game.

That back line worries me a bit unless it’s three at the back again with Rodri. Not sure why Garcia has been dropped and I’m surprised that Bernardo isn’t starting but I trust Pep.

Glad to see Raz dropped, it was long overdue and hopefully he’ll get a bit of much needed rest.

Dropped is a pretty negative way to describe rotation. You don’t work in the media do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.