Aston Villa (A) | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s ok throw away comments on here, but really if you were in Pep’s shoes when we have done so well over the course of this season you would put in two players from the youth system when every game counts? Your point about the surprise element flies if you introduce one (given we’re talking about the forward line), but putting in two without the benefit of two experienced players in pressure games is surely to detriment of both players and the harmony of the squad. Yes nothing was offered yesterday. But then again I’ve never seen a team fight on four fronts at this time of the season. After the Dortmund game there was an air of inevitability about yesterday’s game (how it panned out) for me. I was hoping we could sneak a win and for once rely on some luck but it didn’t happen.

Putting in two kids, particularly on the same part of the pitch at this point of the season is in my opinion the worst idea since Abraham Lincoln decided to take in a show. If Pep did that and we lost it could destroy their confidence and you’ve hacked off the squad.
Not sure it’s quite that bad an idea, but I agree with a lot of the what you’ve said there, including the confidence point. Like you I could sense that CL hangover for want of a better word within the first 5 minutes. After the high emotion of midweek, I felt it as a supporter watching and also sensed it on the pitch, even if some of the players were different. You could also tell immediately that Chelsea’s players were well up for it; they looked quicker, stronger, more tenacious, more hungry, and you just knew. It reminded me of some of those games we’ve had in the past vs liverpool where you had a sense from the off how things would pan out.
Ok, maybe not two kids, but one young un certainly. To return to the confidence/morale point, as I said, I do agree, but after yesterday I’m not sure any of the starting eleven who were dropped could honestly complain.

Fuck the cups get the league won

All Peps cares about is the fucking champions league

Pep wants to win it all and he surely is surprised like us about the bloodless performance of our fresh legs yesterday.

We need more patience in KO matches and definitely a clean sheet, without handing Chelsea a goal on the counter on the silver plate.

Rags and Chelsea sit deep, defend well and wait for a break. We have to be more patient vs those dangerous forwards.

Anyway, 4 days pre Villa, 4 days post Villa. That should help our legs and souls a lot right now.

Utd not winning today would be an incredible relief, but won't come.
Villa isn't Chelsea and we will have a team that can beat them.

And it should be possible to beat spurs somehow on Sunday. Patiently.

Last edited:
Not sure it’s quite that bad an idea, but I agree with a lot of the what you’ve said there, including the confidence point. Like you I could sense that CL hangover for want of a better word within the first 5 minutes. After the high emotion of midweek, I felt it as a supporter watching and also sensed it on the pitch, even if some of the players were different. You could also tell immediately that Chelsea’s players were well up for it; they looked quicker, stronger, more tenacious, more hungry, and you just knew. It reminded me of some of those games we’ve had in the past vs liverpool where you had a sense from the off how things would pan out.
Ok, maybe not two kids, but one young un certainly. To return to the confidence/morale point, as I said, I do agree, but after yesterday I’m not sure any of the starting eleven who were dropped could honestly complain.
I think what it has shown me is that a quadruple is impossible. City’s squad is best placed to achieve it in that we don’t have superstars like Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Mbappe. We have a level just below that who are all prepared to work hard (in general).
We were flatter than a witches breast yesterday. Dortmund are a very good team despite the injuries. They really tested us physically and mentally. That win took a lot out of us. We are always at a disadvantage in England as every game is competitive. You know yourself that people are already flapping about our lead in the Premier League and Villa is a must win game. Then Spurs four days later will be a must win game, then PSG a few days later will be a must win game. I was hoping we could just keep Chelsea out and hope for one flash of brilliance to win it or even take them to penalties with Kepa in goal, maybe history could’ve repeated. Everything that we have achieved so far this season, we have achieved. Nobody has gifted us anything. When we needed some luck it wasn’t there.

The guys who've come in especially up front have failed multiple times. I was ok giving them another shot yesterday but they let the team and themselves down
Why should they be trusted again?
Don't see any reason not to go strong next 3 with minimum changes
Oh and no Mendy .. please ...!

I think what it has shown me is that a quadruple is impossible
If we had beaten Chelsea we would have been firm favourites to win the 3 domestic competitions. Players came in yesterday with a point to prove and I don't think anyone them improved their chances.
We got to a FA cup semifinal against Chelsea and just didn't turn up on the day.
Rotation has been a key factor in keeping players fit over the season but now that it is voting to the end we need to put out as strong a team as possible in all games.
The Villa match and Carabao cup final should see our best team playing.
Less changes to the team but better and more frequent use of subs is the way to go now.

Fuck the cups get the league won

All Peps cares about is the fucking champions league

Utter crap, Pep wants to win as many trophies as possible. The crazy fixture schedule in this country means rotation of some sort is a necessity.

Villa will be well up for this because they were strangely convinced they were going to win 6-1 and get 8 points before the Rodri offside incident (that wasn’t offside by the laws of the game!)

The reaction from their manager, and the media, post-game was a joke... but they’ll be using that incident as fuel for the fire to beat us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.