Aston Villa (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

So are we really a better team with Alvarez upfront instead of Haaland or we shouldn't look too much into this ?

Slightly concerned about how much more we looked like us tonight with Haaland and KDB not playing!

Welcome back Jack too, been seriously missed. Does so much that goes unnoticed.
Nothing to be concerned about.

I think we showed the next transition is falling into place. Still a couple of years left of Kev who may become a super sub for it whilst Phil takes on the mantle.

Erling is being judged on his one off season last year. He's settling now and an integral player to the squad.

He is confident in his own ability and it shows, his distribution has improved even in the few games he has played.
Thought it was a good game tonight, with all the team contributing well. Of course Foden, nothing more I can add to your comments.
Ortega is some number 2 - great distributor as well

Thoughts on Alvarez’s performance? Personally I think his overall play was good considering he hasn’t been able to play in his best position for so long, shame he didn’t get his goal.
I thought he was a threat and worried the Villa defenders. Was kept off the scoresheet by an excellent save in the first half. He will probably be criticised for not scoring but he played a full part in that result.

Ok performance but ....

Of the 3 challengers for the title I think we seem the weakest, the least likely, the most distracted, the least exciting, the least interested, the laziest, .... and yet if we keep getting boring wins we could just do it. In the meantime maybe the cup games will inject some inspiration.

You think that was boring? I really enjoyed it! Shots, intricate passing triangles, Phil. Made a refreshing change, and I don’t know what that says about Kev and erl!

So are we really a better team with Alvarez upfront instead of Haaland or we shouldn't look too much into this ?
I don't think Alvarez did anything to suggest that. Villa were missing half their first team players, so that should also be considered while evaluating today's performance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.