Aston Villa (H) Post Match Thread

After careful consideration I’ve got to say my scouce mate is a complete knob. Today we achieved has near has damn the 2012 last day. But my scouce mate said it’s fuck all compared to winning the chumps lg. I pointed out that 38 games to win the prem is nothing like the eight games or so to win chumps lg. and he said bollocks it’s harder. He left soon after and owes me beer for winning.
Name isnt "aldo" by any chance???

Well what can you say about that?!! I would much rather have the final day like that than winning the league weeks in advance! Absolutely incredible and what a day - Liverpool going behind, us going behind then both teams winning in the end! For the neutral it must've been absolutely absorbing. For us, it was proper sweating and nail-biting but worth it in the end!

I must admit, when I saw the line up I wasn't impressed. Pep had a brain fart - no question - with that defence. We literally had Laporte who was "in position". Stones at right back was a ridiculous decision especially when we had a defensive midfielder in central defence. Cancelo at left back didn't work and Laporte was at sea. There was no threat Villa had that required us to play 3 out of 4 players out of position in defence. Again, I'm sure Ederson could've done a lot better with their header as well. Anyway, the whole first half was CL-level brain fart stuff. I wish someone would explain to our coaches that we shouldn't change our game to worry about Villa!

Anyway, the game was special because I think this was one game where our subs just turned it around. Zinchenko came on and showed everybody what the crack was. He was absolutely IMMENSE and grabbed the game by the neck. He saved his greatest ever game till today. I went with Gundogan for MOTM as he got 2 goals but in all fairness, Zinchenko deserved it too. Pep should also realise that putting round pegs in round holes - Zinchenko at LB, Cancelo at RB, Stones and Laporte in defence steadied the ship. He has to start to understand that when he make crackers decisions that surprise the fans, we struggle. Keep it simple Pep, let the opposition worry about us.

Gundogan was also phenomenal and showed was a clever player he is. If he leaves in summer, he will be missed as out of all our midfielders, I think he carries the biggest goal threat - KdB apart.

I was sad to see Fernandinho go off at HT but it was the correct decision. He's been one of the finest players in the PL, but this season was just too long for him. He's tried his best but the pace of the game was too much. However, he will be remembered as a legend and impossible to replace. When we beat Liverpool 2-1 at home in 2019 (I think), he put in one of the finest midfield displays I've ever seen. He was all over, tackling, passing, heading and leading the side and a force of nature. I think when he leaves, the rest of the PL will realise how good he was like they did with David Silva.

What a 5 minute comeback that was though! As soon as the first goal went in, I knew we'd score more but I was worried they'd counter us again. It was great to see us grind the clock down in the corner but once the 3rd had gone in, the Villa players gave up. I think they probably just fancied some champers and free food in the players lounge :)

I work with a load of scousers and was dreading Monday morning. I had some Champers chilling as well! I'm enjoying a nice glass of Bolly now and can't wait for Monday-fuckin-mornings call! I bet we won't be asking if anyone's had a good weekend for once! :)

MAN CITY - CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.