Aston Villa (H) Post Match Thread

I mentioned it in the post match thread, almost a fuck up of the champions League final magnitude. Thankfully this time we could turn it around and win
Worse than the CL final. I could work through the thought process there, I still don't know what it was on Sunday. Presumably he'd seen something in Cancelo playing the freer role but fuck me I'm glad he got the subs on early to correct it.

Now we have got over the line and everything has settled down i would love to know what Pep was thinking with that starting line up.

We had two fit Centre halves in Stones and Laporte, a fit right back in Cancelo and a fit left back in Zinchenko.

So why the hell he went with a centre half at right back, a right back at left back and a 37 year old midfielder at Centre half still has me baffled.
It made either the club of the catering businesses some money though.

I saw the team and ordered a couple of pints. I don’t usually drink at the stadium, but needed it when I saw the defence!

Perhaps an interesting thing to reflect on is how winning at the death and 'never give in' becomes part of the club's DNA. Just as the last of the 2012 team leaves, a new 'Gundogan moment' comes along to reinforce it. That kind of thing, if ingrained in the team as it is now, can be invaluable in sticky situations in the future.

I think it's training, he knew if he could get it into that area somebody's would get on the end of it. Thankfully for us it was ice cool Mr Whippy. That shows you why these players are professional players at the top level. Ice in their veins to do their job.
It was a short range version of Kevin's signature raking diagonal pass. Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.