Aston Villa (H) - Sun 22nd May, 16:00 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa will play against Burnley on Thursday. That’s good for us but probably Steven G gonna rest his good players.

Hopefully he will prove his professionalism by playing full strength.

Do you not think as someone who bleeds Red,there may be a chance he could tinker his line up?
Possibly but I think the fact that it’s v a team fighting for safety means more scrutiny especially if Leeds etc feel they are cheated. Fingers crossed anyway. I think slippy would be grown up enough to ensure the integrity of the competition. Certainly sure his employer would insist.

Possibly but I think the fact that it’s v a team fighting for safety means more scrutiny especially if Leeds etc feel they are cheated. Fingers crossed anyway. I think slippy would be grown up enough to ensure the integrity of the competition. Certainly sure his employer would insist.
The meltdown if he does will be fucking epic,lol.

Makes no odds to me,if we cant beat their best version of themselves then its only on us.

Just saying but if we'd actually exposed some of our younger squad players to match time then we'd maybe have a clue as to whether they would be up to it rather than rely on a crocked regular .
But which ones? Palmer, McAtee, Delap, Edosie, Lavia, Mbete, Egan-Riley, Kayky, Wilson-Esbrand have all been in the first team squad at some time this season. Some of them would have had more opportunities but for injuries.

So which of those players should have been given enough time, say 4 or 5 games, to decide whether they would be up to it? Can’t be all of them.

It would be great just now if Egan-Riley and Mbete had had a run of games to prove themselves, because they play in the positions where we have the injury crisis. But what if the injury crisis had been in a different area? I don’t think I’m unfair on Egan-Riley to suggest that if you didn’t know in advance where the injury crisis would be, he wouldn’t have at the top of the pecking order in terms of which young players should be given more experience.

Hopefully he will prove his professionalism by playing full strength.

Do you not think as someone who bleeds Red,there may be a chance he could tinker his line up?
I myself bleed red also, but I take your point as it is a well known fact that Mark Noble, for example, bleeds both claret and blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.