Aston Villa (H) - Sun 22nd May, 16:00 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see the reaction of their fans when he sends the reserves out for the final home match of the season
I would imagine he will try hard to get his team to win both games, but the idea he is going to throw their last home game of the season to focus on a much harder 3 points against us seems pretty ludicrous to me

No way in hell would Villa fans sit back and allow Gerrard to throw their game on Thursday.
A lot of Villa fans aren't impressed with Gerrard as a Manager as it is, they are only 2 places above Everton ffs

I myself bleed red also, but I take your point as it is a well known fact that Mark Noble, for example, bleeds both claret and blue
True fact….an octopus bleeds blue, COME ON YOU PUSSI…nah it doesn’t work

The worst thing on Sunday will be if Liverpool score first in their match. Then it's proper nail biting time
Is it too hopeful to expect Liverpool dropping points against Soton without Salah and VVD? We all saw last season Liverpool without VVD

Why, what do you get for 9th? Club gets more prize money, but I doubt if that will be in the players thoughts come k.o. time.
I think you’re underestimating what it would mean to them. Thinking back to when we were at their level, the idea of finishing in the top half of the the table rather than languishing in 14th place would have been considered to be a very positive outcome. We would have gone into the close season with a much more optimistic frame of mind, the atmosphere around the club would have been more positive. We might even have been able to attract or keep better players as a result. Some of their players might be on bonuses depending on where they finish.

Challenging their players, this week, to finish in the top half of the table must be a much more powerful motivating tool than simply saying “let’s help Liverpool win the title”

A heads up for exiled Blues travelling from the South or the Midlands copied from Highways England :
We’re closing the M6 motorway in both directions between junction 10 exit and entry slip roads from 8pm Friday 20 May to 6am Monday 23 May 2022. We’re also closing the M6 junction 9 northbound entry slip road to reduce congestion on the approach to the closure.

We’ll divert the M6 traffic up and over the junction during the closure. We’re expecting severe delays during the closure, and we’re asking drivers to avoid using the M6 if possible.

But which ones? Palmer, McAtee, Delap, Edosie, Lavia, Mbete, Egan-Riley, Kayky, Wilson-Esbrand have all been in the first team squad at some time this season. Some of them would have had more opportunities but for injuries.

So which of those players should have been given enough time, say 4 or 5 games, to decide whether they would be up to it? Can’t be all of them.

It would be great just now if Egan-Riley and Mbete had had a run of games to prove themselves, because they play in the positions where we have the injury crisis. But what if the injury crisis had been in a different area? I don’t think I’m unfair on Egan-Riley to suggest that if you didn’t know in advance where the injury crisis would be, he wouldn’t have at the top of the pecking order in terms of which young players should be given more experience.
There were plenty of games where they could have been given the last 5 or 10 minutes .Rotation of these players just sitting on the bench each week is surely beneficial.

Imagine the scenario,Liverpool win tonight and are winning 1-0 vs Wolves on Sunday,we are battering Villa,but it’s 0-0 and we get a penalty in the last minute….it’s too much to bear thinking about..my mind is all over the place…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.